Clarity

POV: Ace

I got ready, pulling on a pair of ripped jeans, a tattered band tshirt, and one of Adam's zip ups. It had his silly logo from his robes back when he was in heaven. As I putz around the bathroom, Lucifer was rushing about making sure everything was perfect for the hotel gang. "Luci please, you're giving ME anxiety" I poked my head out from the bathroom. "Fuck I know...just it's been YEARS since Charlie's been home ya know?" I rolled my eyes, pulling my hair up in a half ponytail, putting in my piercings. I finished up, spraying some cologne on my wrists before picking up the outfit I picked out for Adam in my arms.

"Yo I'm heading to the infirmary to help Adam get ready!" I called out before heading down the hall. I walked in and said good morning to the nurses before knocking on the privacy divider. "Yeah?" Adam piped up. "Just me, brought ya clothes and some of your stuff..." I walked around the divider and looked over at him. He tilted his head and raised his an eyebrow. "Should I just start buying shit for both of us? You wear more of my shit than yours" he teased and I felt my cheeks flush. "Shuddup and get dressed" I thrusted his shit out to him. He chuckled and took them, heading to the small bathroom to change. "So, Lucifer rearranging the whole fucking place for them?" He said through the door. "You don't know the half of it..." I muttered, arms crossed.

He finally came out. He was in dark cargo jeans, a black muscle tank top (one of the ones I cut the arms hole out of cause he bitched about them), his ear piercings in and shaved the small stubble he was growing from being out so long, his usual patch of facial hair on his chin, his hair a tad longer but looked good on him, was styled in a lazy quaff. "Always looking good angel" I smiled and he was the one to flush and huffed. "Cmon, let's head to the main hall" I held out my hand and he took it as we left the infirmary.

We walked in on Lucifer pacing in front of the front doors. "Luci" Adam called out and he stopped looking up. I can spot the blush on his cheeks from here. "Relax babes" he said to Lucifer and smiled lightly. He seemed to relax some until the doorbell rang. "Ah fuck! Uhm okay" Lucifer took a breath before answering the door. "Charlie!" He beamed at his daughter and the others followed behind her. "Hey dad! Wow, still sorta looks the same from back then" she smiled sweetly. "That a good or bad thing?" He asked nervously. "Lucifer chill" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Ace!" She rushed over giving me a hug before noticing Adam next to me. "Adam...I'm so happy you're here" she walked over to him taking his hands in his. He blinked a few times before looking up at her and pulling her into a hug. "So am I kiddo..." I heard him say and I smiled. The rest of them piled in. "Holy shit! This place is huge" Angel gawked at his surroundings. "Long as it has a good bar I don't care..." Husk muttered. Nifty scurried to go kill any bugs around and clean. Sir Pentious and his egg boys hung with Angel and Husk chatting idly.

Vaggie came up to me and hugged me unexpectedly. "V what-?" I began but she smiled sadly at me. "I'm sorry, we should have helped more...I should of helped more when I was seeing the signs back up in heaven, I just stuck to my biases without giving Adam a chance to let his walls down..." I smiled and pat her head lightly. "It's cool Vag, what matters is yall are here now right?" "Right" she shuffled over to give Adam a surprised hug, who blinked rapidly. "This a dream or is she hugging me?" Charlie chuckled and Lucifer smiled over at me.

"It's okay V, once one of my gals always one of my gals...no matter what" he held Vaggie back and smiled. "Well who wants lunch!? I have a nice set up in the inside garden...follow me!" Lucifer ushered the group down to the huge inside garden. I immediately saw the specific references to Eden, including a simple apple tree in the middle. I spotted Adam in here sometimes during the day to take naps or just to spend time alone. Lucifer came in here to play his violin, I came in here to paint or sketch. We usually are never in here at the same time like this. We knew it held painful memories but also great ones.

"So dad, how's everything?" Charlie asked taking a sip of her tea. They all sat around a beautiful table and eat leisurely, everyone in their one conversations. "Well..uh made a solid plan to go after Vox, including Ace and Adam this time" "Bout damn time too" Adam muttered. I had my cheek in my hand leaning over the table, eyes looking around the table then back at Lucifer and Adam making soft jabs at one another. It felt...peaceful...but I knew heaven had some slick shit hidden in their sleeve, especially if Lilith is involved.

Adam locked eyes with me, almost knowing what I was thinking, the smile faltering on his face but he nodded to me. I nodded back and took a sip of my soda. It was a nice lunch, the others heading out here and there till it was just Vaggie and Charlie left. Charlie wondered around her old childhood home, reminiscing with her dad. Adam and I were in the kitchen with Vaggie. "How do you guys plan to handle Vox?" "Honestly big man hasn't run over the details with us yet, after my...stunt...it's been on the back burner" Adam finished his coffee and leaned against the counter. "Ace you seem in your thoughts" Vaggie glanced over at me as I traced the rim of my coffee mug. "I'm more worried about what heaven plans to pull...now that Lilith is back in the picture, and I fucking turned into that beast in that courtroom...I'm now a very big threat to them" I sighed and took a sip of my cup.

"True...they are very predictable usually but now that clever little bitch is back in town, thinking she runs shit..." Adam muttered and started cleaning up the kitchen. Vaggie sighed, "Well Charlie will back you all up, her mom's been so far out of the picture and her life, it's not worth loosing pretty much 3 fathers" she said and Adam stopped in his tracks. I raised an eyebrow and felt a small smirk cross my lips. "Father? As in...she sees me as one of her dads?" His voice sounded so hopeful and excited. Vaggie and I exchanged looks and smiled big. "Of course, you've done so much for her...for us...and I mean you are dating her actual father so..." Vaggie chuckled and so did I. Adam practically BEAMED proudly. Soon Luci and Charlie came back, they waved and hugged us goodbye before turning and leaving. "I need a nap" Lucifer moaned looking exhausted. "Good idea babes" Adam tugged him by the arm to our room. I followed behind in tow and hummed softly watching my boys down the hall.