Emergency Contact

POV: Lucifer

I reread the text over and over. He fucking did it. He broke through to Adam. I jumped at the sound of the knock on the door to the balcony. I rushed over to see Ace holding his side, gold inchor dripping on the floor. "Holy shit Ace...what happened?" I asked and helped him in. "Just a lovers quarrel" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "You guys FOUGHT in heaven? Ace..." "I know but he came after me, I had to do something...plus that pesky brat of an angel of his trying to attack me" I helped him on the couch and grabbed my first aid kit.

"So...is he?" I started to ask but Ace cut me off. "He's not leading the execution...but Lute probably will...he doesn't wanna live a lie anymore...Lucifer..." his voice soft. I looked up from tending his wounds. "They might cast him down..." I looked down, my hands gently on his chest, tracing Ace's chest scars. "Even if he is...he has us" I said confidently. Ace nodded and let me finish up. Ace was something, when we first met he told me he was Transgender, I know what that is now but, back then it was such a mystery. He was born into this world female...but it never felt right for him...made him sad and insecure. So he told me he removed his female parts. His chest was flat, but he admitted to not fully going through with bottom parts. He was taking special meds to make him look and feel more like a male.

Ace was Ace no matter what. I still loved and cared about him. As I did all creations. I smiled up at him and cupped his cheek. "Just glad you managed to get here in one somewhat solid piece" Ace nuzzled his hand. "I didn't beat him too bad...but I'm worried they will go after him..." "They won't...they will hold a piss poor trial then cast him down regardless..." I sighed and sat next to him. He placed his head on my shoulder. "I kissed him..." I blinked and looked down. "Really? Was that before or after the beat down" I raised an eyebrow. "After heh...and told him I loved him" I hummed and smiled looking at the mask and took it off of him gently. "He said it back..." "He did?...wow you must of really got to him" he looked up at me and placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

I smiled into it, kissing back. We pulled briefly apart before I looked down at his mask, it was covered in dry inchor and cracked pretty badly. "I might need ya to repair it this time around Luci..." he sighed. "No worries dear, go clean up and get some rest okay?" I patted his shoulder and he nodded smiling, making his way out of the workshop. I caressed the helmet and sighed walking to my bench placing the helmet on there. I modeled his based off the first time I saw Adam's. Finding ways to connect them together. I hurt him...a lot...Lilith and then Eve...only to end up alone myself...I was scared to get close to Charlie...then Ace fell into my lap suddenly. I remember the first time I saw him in hell.

______________
Flashback
______________

I worked around my workshop till I heard commotion from the imps that worked around the estate. "Sir! There's a person falling from above!" They urgently told me and I got my jacket and headed out to my balcony. There it was, a body falling at lightning speeds from the sky. I opened my wings and took off to make sure they didn't smash into the city. As I got closer, I took in more of this person, they had fucking wings! He didn't remember any other angels who would have fallen...wait...I caught the person and slowed down the decent.

I landed on a roof top and carefully held them in my arms. Getting a better look, I noticed the purple hair...and the face. "Ace?" I whispered out and they stirred, clearly in pain of the fall, wings tattered and burned. "Where...What?" "Shhhh...it's okay it's me..." I brushed a strand of hair behind his ear. "L..Lucifer?" "Yes, why are you here?" I sat them up gently against the wall and he looked up at me tears in his eyes. "I fucked up...I took some stupid deal..." he sniffled.

Deal? When Lilith and I fell, I always wondered what happened to Ace. Once Eden was reprehended by the higher angels taking me and her, they took Ace as well, he was screaming and cursing at the guards. Tears pouring. He must of been here visiting Adam. I knew of their relationship. I understood it cause I was there in his shoes.

"Sera...she offered me to be a hired gun for heaven...and to wipe my existence from angel kind...in exchange of not punishing Adam..." he choked out gently touching his broken wings. "They were going to punish him? What for?" I looked up surprised. "For ruining Eden...already being touched by 'sin'...I tainted their project..." he muttered. I sighed and reached over cupping his face softly. "I couldn't let them do that...I just couldn't.." he looked at me, tears pouring. "Shhh...cmon let's get you somewhere safe okay?" I held out my hand and he smiled sadly taking it.

That day forward, he healed and trained up. He had a special rifle imported from Carmine. Thing was deadly...to literally almost everything. He was deadly himself. With orders from heaven, he also began working for me to help with the work load. When I had a reunion with Adam, and his new appearance and facade, it broke my heart to see what he became whatever he was. A tool really. Both figuratively and actually. I spotted the face mask he used and got an idea, one day Ace will meet back up with Adam...especially for execution day. I made a helmet just like his and an outfit to work with his new powers thanks to hell and still having angelic power mixed in.

We got close, to even say they were dating. Ace and I were happy but deep down we missed the one piece. Adam...it will always be Adam. I promised him we will get him back to us one day, and I meant it. One day...

_____________

I started tinkering on the helmet, cleaning off what I assumed was Adam's inchor. I felt arms go around my neck as Ace nuzzled my cheek. "Almost done love..." I kissed his cheek and smiled. "Take your time, just came to say goodnight. Look out for any messaged from Addy...just in case he's in trouble...I know you cant get to heaven but I can..." he leaned up and turned and went to bed. I glanced at my phone and sighed. Maybe I can call him, ask if he's okay?

I called Adam's number. No answer the first time. Tried again and heard the line pick up.

"Adam..?"
"Ah..Lucifer" his tone strained and weary.
"Just called to make sure you were okay..."
"Yeah..he beat some sense into me but other than that..I'm okay" something felt off about his voice...he was scared.
"Did Ace make it back okay?"
"Huh? Oh yeah...patched him up and he went to bed..." I chuckled lightly.
"Lucifer..."
"I know you're scared love...Ace said if they try anything without a trail or anything...he would come to get you"
"I'm sorry...for..everything"
"Hush...we've all done shitty things...that's the whole part of redemption...getting to do the right things to make up for the bad"
"...."
"I love you dear, try and get some rest"
"I...I love you too..." he murmured before hanging up.

I looked at my phone and swallowed down my nervousness. I'm positive they won't fuck with Adam before a trail of some sort...Sera was usually very by the book except for taking the execution deal. I was surprised at that one. I placed the now fixed helmet down and stood up stretching and smiles, turning the light off and closing the door behind him to go join Ace for bed.