Circles

POV: Adam (in coma like state)

The warmth I felt after I blacked out felt familiar. Definitely Ace's magic, the was a certain aura to it. Like after a fresh rainstorm, the smell of the wet soil. My body was in recovery mode I assumed...as I was more trapped in my head than actively conscious. Foggy and muffled voices rang in my ears as I was being moved around. Lucifer and Ace must of got him back home.  I only felt the auras of the nurses for most of the day as I assumed they were treating me and monitoring my status. Well, I at least had a lotta time to reflect huh?

Fuck my notebook, they probably read through it already. I wasn't expecting to be alive when they did...but now I need to face them with the shit I never decided to tell them, especially taking those sleep meds. I left a note for both of them. Pouring my soul onto the pages that I was too pussy to do to their face. Another cowardly thing done by yours truly. I felt like I was floating in thick water. I felt Ace's presence again but only his, that 'going to rain' smell and aura. Fuck my muffled hearing I missed his fucking voice. A burning warmth spread through my hand. He was holding it in his. Ace understood his fear...of being helplessly alone in the world, whether it be on Earth, in Heaven or in Hell. I didn't want to be alone again...

The warmth never left, neither did his aura, he was probably asleep next to him. Good, he needed rest. It was quiet for a while until Lucifer's bright aura came into the room. It was like a bonfire, like the ones you'd have at a beach party. Bright, hot, but comforting to be around. It started to mix with Ace's. Lucifer must of came to be with us. I felt myself smile at us being together in a more peaceful setting even if it was due to my reckless stupidity. I was instantly lulled into a sleep like state again.

After what seemed like forever went by when I felt the auras shift around. They must be up now. Damned my muffled ears. Suddenly I felt a tingle on my forehead, Lucifer's aura disappearing first. Then a stronger tingle on my lips, my heart swelled as Ace's aura filled him before taking his leave. The letter...my last wish was to feel his touch...his lips once more...I mean I said that to Luci too...his was more extensive in certain topics than Ace's.

It was quiet except for the nurses, prepping to take off these damned tubes. My chest felt a bit clearer than before, my body still ached fiercely but Ace's magic seemed to really help kick up the healing process. My boy had done great...I was proud of Ace...I was focusing more on trying to get my damn ears and voice to work. It's a lot harder than you think being in a fuckin coma, gimme a damn break. During my focus, the rain smell came back. Ace returned twice in one day I can only assume.

I felt the aura next to me once more then suddenly a melodic flow of words pierced his eardrums, clear as day. Ace was singing to him...like he did to him when he was lying where I was last year. It was a song he used to sing in the garden. When they laid together right before Ace left to go back to the Elders. Everything stays...

I wanted to wake up more than anything now, my soul swelled with Ace's singing. I only slightly managed to flutter my eyes barely open. I sighed in defeat, feeling my hand being cradled the warmth coming back. There was quiet yet again but Ace's aura stayed again. He was probably taking another nap. I bet he was exhausted from all this...I put this on him...on Lucifer...I need to be better...I need to be for them...and myself. As soon as I heard their screams in that meeting room out to me, the pain and hurt in their voices....I never want them to do that toward me ever again...

I used all my strength to squeeze Ace's hand as he slept, his aura barely shifting. He knew I could hear him...feel him...that should be enough for now at least....