Back of My Mind

POV: Lucifer

My chest felt so heavy. My brain in a fog. I appeared at the doorstep of the Hotel. I knocked lightly and the door was flung open. "Dad!- what...what's wrong?" Her voice went from happy to concerned in a second. He must look like actual hell based on her facial expression. "I uh...can I come in?" I smiled weakly. She nodded and we walked in together. Every on look at me wide eyed and worried. "What's? Going on Charlie?" Vaggie came up. "I..don't know yet...dad?" She turned to me and I sharply inhaled.

"So uh...I might as well tell from the start..." I took Charlie's hand. All her friends listened in as I sat on one of the bar stools, Husk pouring me a drink. "You know how Ace...and I were caretakers of Eden? Well...Ace and Adam had a relationship as much as I did with him..and your mother..." I confessed. Charlie shook her head blinking. "Wait you guys were-?" "Fuckin'? Yeah bet they were" Angel replied and Husk shot him a glare to shut it. "Pretty much. Ace took my place as I mainly focused on my ideas with your mother...well when your mom and I were casted down...Ace was caught with us for some reason, mainly being his relationship with Adam..." I continued and took my hat off placing it on the bar. I knew that dickhead Alastor was in the room listening. I had no energy to care.

"Ace wasn't casted down like us originally, he was held for questioning for months...until Sera offered him a deal.." "Well those never end up good" Vaggie muttered. I turned to look at her and nodded. "Ace would be a gun for hire for heaven and pretend his existence never was in heaven in exchange for Adam to not receive punishment..." I took a sip of my drink. It was silent for a minute. "One day I saw him fall from the sky, after he agreed to the contract. I offered him to also help me, he trained, got that rifle, and the mask, which I made for him..." "Wait it looks just like Adam's, dad..." Charlie questioned and he smiled a bit. "Well after initially reuniting with Adam, in one of my meetings before Ace fell, I noticed the new facade he was putting on...it hurt seeing what he was contorted into..." my voice soft. "They lied to him about Ace...said he fell with your mother and I..making him assume I took Ace away from him too..."

"What the? Thats so messed up" Vaggie threw her hands up. "I was inspired by his to make Ace's...to try and reconnect them..." I chuckled dryly. I explained about the meet up, and how it was a ploy to get them to reunite, I apologized to Charlie about that. She looked really hurt but nodded in understanding. I mentioned the fight Ace and Adam had in heaven...Adam coming back to his sense and realizing the lies he was made to live out both as a human and angel. "Wait so he dropped the executions?" Husk asked and I shook my head. "His lieutenant took charge...she found out about everything and took it to Sera...which meant big trouble..." his voice broke. "Dad...is that where Ace went earlier?"

"Ace was called by Sera to come to a trail...He learned the meaning of the meeting and tipped Emily off..." Charlie looked down and sighed. "I really liked her..." I covered my face. "Emily managed to get to Adam in time but he had no time to leave...being taken forcefully to the trail...it...they.." there was a lump in my throat."Dad...what happened?" Everyone looked worried. "Sera was ruthless...Lute is the new leader...and kept Ace behind guards as she...she...she ripped Adam's wings off in the middle of the court room...in front of everyone" Vaggie and Charlie gasped, tears in my daughters eyes. "That's fucking twisted...even for me..." Angel murmured. Husk kept quiet and cleaned a glass. "Like what she did to me long ago...but mine managed to grow back...it's so incredibly painful..." Vaggie whispered. "Yeah...Ace managed to take out the guards...but got stabbed really badly in trying to get to Adam...so many screams rang in that courtroom...gold inchor covered the floor...I can't even imagine the pain Ace went through watching someone he loved so much...be brutalized like that..." I sniffled.

"All you guys are-?" "A couple? Yeah...I love Ace..and my love for Adam never left my heart..." I smiled sadly at Charlie and she nodded. "I just want you to be happy dad..." "Ace managed to get him to me in time...he's at the estate...with Adam...with a lot of work, I managed to stabilize him...Ace patched himself up...I came here cause...I don't want him to worry so much..." I covered my face again choking on a small sob. Charlie came up and hugged me tightly. "Dad...you need to go back to them..."

"I'm just scared..." "You can do this dad, trust me" Charlie smiled big and so did everyone else. "I know the execution is still happening but we'll find a way to fight back!" she beamed and I wiped my tears. My daughter giving a right burst of confidence. I said my goodbyes to everyone and headed back. When I walked into my room, I smiled sadly at the scene in front of me. Ace had his wings covering and holding him and Adam as they slept. I got comfy and walked over, laying behind Ace and unfurling my massive wings, managing to cover them both and myself, nuzzling into Ace's back lightly.

"I love you guys more than anything...anything..." I sung softly into Ace's back. I don't know what's to come...it's going to be an extremely rough healing process for Adam...and us as well...I WILL get heaven back for this...