Match Into Water

POV: Lucifer

I left the kitchen, arms crossed and made my way to the bathroom to get my first aid kit. I nearly ran into Adam as he moved away from the door. "Eavesdropping?" I chuckled and his cheeks turned pink. "W-What? Pfft no-...maybe" he took a step back and eyed the kit in my hands. "He's hurt again?" Adam sat on the edge of our bed and looked up as Ace came into the room looking like a fucking mess. "Holy shit babes..." his voice just above a whisper. Ace said nothing as he shuffled to the bathroom. Adam and I looked at one another before I followed Ace into the bathroom. Adam stayed on the bed and watched us, I can feel the worry radiating off of him from here. Adam never really showed his emotions out in plain sight, but he certainly gives them off in energy.

Ace sat down on the floor, taking his shirt off slowly hissing in response, dry inchor sticking the fabric to skin. I kept my expression neutral as I took his pants off, tending to the big leg wound. I spend about a good half an hour wrapping it and disinfecting it completely. I kept glancing up at Ace, his face almost emotionless. I broke my heart seeing him like this. His smile was so contagious and now it was so rare to see nowadays. I cleaned up the more smaller wounds and washed his body lightly with a damp rag. I gently straddled his lap as I cleaned his face gently place kisses on his nose and cheeks. I saw a twitch of a smile but it was gone as fast at it appeared. I got up, all finished and looked down, Ace staying put on the floor. I walked out and looked at Adam. Nodding for him to go to Ace. He blinked and got up, a bit nervous.

I put the kit away and I rubbed my face tiredly, lying out on the bed as Adam went into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

POV: Adam

I was a tad unsure, since comforting people was not something I excelled at. I bent down and scooted toward Ace, laying my head on his shoulder. "Ace...you need to stop doing this...it hurts him seeing you like this...it hurts me..." I admitted and kept my eyes on the floor. "You're the one who opened my eyes, you're the one who showed me true love...you're-..." my voice caught in my throat, a sudden rush of emotions bubbling up. I let out a small sob I didn't know I was holding in my chest. I felt Ace shift under me, his wings opening up and pulled me closer to him, putting us in a cocoon with his wings. I looked up and saw tears rolling down his face, matching the ones rolling down my own. "I'm sorry...I promise to be more careful...I hate seeing you cry for my sake..." Ace whispered and I felt his arms around me. I was silent and just sniffled.

We laid like that for a while, I found such comfort in his arms. My fears kept me from loving others, after Lilith and Eve...I had to be on my toes, show no weakness or softness. Just as much as I was a weakness for Ace, he was for me as well, and Lucifer's. Seeing Lucifer's face drop after Ace never showed up for dinner earlier, to even myself checking the balcony over and over, Lucifer finally pulling my attention away to play guitar. Ace placed a kiss on top of my head and hummed to himself. "Cmon' let's go to bed ok?" He began to sit up. I went to help him up, knowing his leg was injured pretty badly.

We both got to the bed, Lucifer was already asleep. I crawled in next to him and got comfortable. Ace slid in next, putting his arm behind his head and he stared up at the ceiling, snapping making the lights turn off beside the starry night lights that moved around the room. Tiredness began to hit me hard, pulling me into a nice sleep. I felt Ace's fingers caressing my cheek, finally falling asleep. The execution is in a few days, Charlie and the others were as ready as one could be facing an angelic army. I was practicing on the side with Vaggie for battle without Ace's knowledge. I am helping no matter what...

POV: Ace

I laid there staring at the ceiling. I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight but I laid there in bed. I hated seeing them upset, knowing I was the one causing it. I let out a soft sigh and sat up, being careful not to wake Adam or Lucifer. I covered my face and shook my head. I need to do more, the day is coming faster and faster. Getting up, I put on sweats and a tank top, pulling my hair up and making my way to the training room. I had to be the one, me...just me....to protect them all...