Cough Syrup

POV: Ace (heavy themes and body imagery)

Adam and I stayed on the shower floor for what seemed like forever. I hated seeing Adam break down like this, it being cause by me again...I used my sore wings to slowly cover us, using my remaining strength to hold him in my arms. Suddenly, small footsteps could be heard coming into the room. Lucifer walked in and tilted his head at the scene in front of him. Adam had passed out in my lap from crying and probably stress.

"You both okay?" Lucifer came over and knelt by us. I nodded and held Adam's head gently to my chest and let out a strained breath. Lucifer shrugged and sat next to us, not bothered by getting his clothes wet. He opened his wings and pulled us to him softly. "We're a couple of fuck ups" he chuckled a little and held his head in one hand, leaning on his knees. "Yea...you could say that..." my voice was raw and barely audible. "I'll meet with Vox...see what the negotiations are..." "No Luci..." Lucifer gave me a stern look, making me close my mouth. "I will see what they are...I have a feeling of what they are...but maybe I'm finally going to be able to give it up..." he looked up at the ceiling. "Give what up?" "Being the big boss of hell...Ace I never wanted this job anyway...Lilith was the one in charge all the time not me...I'm tired and Charlie is turning into such a wonderful young woman...I have you and Adam to take care of now...I will eventually finish my deal with Alastor and maybe just maybe convince Vox to break you deal...hang up my hat and cane for good" he said, a smile appeared on his lips.

"You'd really do that? Give up your rein to a fucker with a tv for a head" I looked over at him and he chuckled again. "To be honest...I wish I could redo Eden every day since falling...I should have helped you...fought against them to get you back to Adam...I should have chose Adam...not Lilith...at least if I've fallen, it could of been with him ya now?" He locked eyes with me. I nodded, arms tightening a bit around Adam. We sat there in silence before Lucifer got up. "Let's get you both dried and in warm clothes hmm?" He smiled and I sighed opening my wings slowly, allowing Lucifer to pick up Adam with ease. "I'll come back to help you okay?" I waved him off and huffed a bit. "I'm fine, go get him all set for bed..." he gave me a doubtful look before leaving the bathroom, Adam in hand.

I grit my teeth as I began to make my way up from the tile floor, bracing myself on the wall. My knees shaking with strain. I hissed sharply as I readjusted my wings into place on my back. My brain screaming at me to rest and not move. But, I tend to never listen to it, a perfect track record of mine. My jaw clenched hard, I managed to take a few steps, getting at least out of the shower. I slowly made my way to the door of the bathroom but not before stopping to see my reflection. I haven't actually looked at myself in days, Angel made sure I looked decent and nice of the public eye after shoots and events.

My eyes lingered on myself in the mirror, cuts in their final healing stage of regeneration, ugly dark bruises covered most of my torso, abdomen and chest. My wings were normally tattered, being burned from when I fell, but now they were in pretty bad shape, them only looking okay due to Adam preening them earlier. My face was dotted in both fresh and healing bruises too. I shook my head and bit my trembling lip a bit. I couldn't look away, marks of the shock collar prods showing mean and angry with red and blue over my tanned skin. A flash of Vox's face, then Valentino's, then black as I dropped to my knees holding my head. "Ace!" Lucifer came running to me and held my other side up. "I can't....I can't do this anymore Luci..." tears poured and I hiccuped hard, finally coming to terms of everything.

"Shh it's okay...I'll take care of this okay? Just...let's get you to bed huh?" He helped me back up and got me to the other side of the bed, drying me completely off before going to the closet. He came back with a huge oversized hoodie and some boxers. I sniffled softly as he gently helped me put on the hoodie, being extremely cautious putting my wings through the holes in the back of the garment. Lucifer then put on my boxers and brushed my hair with such kindness. He then pushed me to lay down with one hand, getting me all tucked into our bed. He leaned in and placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled tiredly and settled into the mattress. Adam was sleeping next to me, completely curled up in the fetal position.

Lucifer walked over and snapped, his clothes changing to clean and dry ones before he went to the doorway, shutting the lights off before closing the door itself.

POV: Lucifer

I leaned against the wall just outside our room and sobbed into my hands, the weight of everything finally hitting me. I wish I could just go back to Eden...I wish I didn't fuck up so badly...I would have be able to do more than I did back then...knowing what I now knew...about heaven, about Sera, about fucking Lilith...but then Charlie wouldn't have existed...

I slid down the wall and buried my face in my knees as I held my legs tight to my chest. I let out my pain there on the floor of the hallway. My boys were so broken and tired...I need to fucking do something, I'm so used to watching and not doing...I'll see to Vox and what he fucking wanted. With a spark of a new determination I wiped my eyes hard before standing up, snapping up my hat and cane, readjusting myself and opened a portal, leading to the hotel and idea in mind as I stepped through it.