Where Everything Stays

POV: Lucifer

It's been about a week since the death of Valentino over the radio. Adam and Ace stayed at the hotel with everyone else. I've hit true rock bottom. What was I thinking? I wasn't really, I was so determined to make my people scared of me again. My ego reaching to Adam limits, well maybe even above his actually. I took a breath laying my head on my work table. I haven't slept in days. Whenever I close my eyes, that night replays over and over. The looks on my lover's faces, my daughter's...I fucked up BIG time...I was left in this void that held in the estate. It was just like when Lilith left, just silence and darkness. The only light on being my work lamp that hovered over my work station.

Adam usually came to pick up stuff for him and Ace. He couldn't even look me in the eyes, just a frustrated scowl on his face, just like he used to make back in the embassy meetings. I played with the Ace and Adam ducks with my finger, rocking it back and forth. I needed to apologize major...maybe talk to them separately? I've never in my days seen Ace that scared. No...I did once, when he was being taken away from the Garden that day...the thought of never seeing his beloved again.

My phone rang, it shrill in the emptiness of my workshop. I pulled it out and looked down, it was Charlie. I decided to answer her with a small sigh.

"Dad?..."
"Hey Char...", my voice giving away how tired I was.
"You sound horrible...", she chuckled nervously.
"Well, I feel horrible...what I fucking did...it's unforgivable..."
"Are you sure about that dad?"
I raised an eyebrow and leaned over my desk, holding my cell to my ear a bit more.
"What do you mean Charlie?"
"Well...this hotel is about redemption...and you did a horrible thing, you're guilty about it and I assume want to apologize correctly to everyone...especially Adam and Ace...I've pushed Alastor out for a while as well for a bit...come over and fix what you did...or at least try to...I'll talk to the others..." her tone stern and clear.
"I will Charlie...I want to make it right" I ran a hand through my messy unkept hair.
"Good, see you soon" with that she hung up and I looked down at my phone.

I sighed getting up and going to get changed into something more presentable. Once done, I snapped a portal into the hotel lobby. There stood everyone. Charlie was in the middle, Vaggie had her arms crossed and hovered over my daughter. Angel was sitting at the bar along with Husk. Sir Pentious and his egg boys were on the couch. Adam and Ace were next to Charlie on the other side, Adam slightly hovering over Ace, hand in his.

"Dad...?" My daughter smiled a little and let me have the floor. "Ah yes...I wanted to actually sincerely apologize for my horrible and thoughtless actions. My ego got in the way of my morals, I wanted to feel powerful again...to show hell I wasn't some push over...my actions at the club could of seriously hurt people, people who didn't deserve it, I'm sorry Angel for having you in harms way...and to the girls.." I inhaled and fidgeted with my hands glancing over to the bar.

Angel nodded in acknowledgment and so did Husk. "My hatred for the Vees made me blind, I wanted to terminate Ace's contract so bad...and the only was I saw was violence...I just wanted my love free...To see you both go through so much more hardship, I wanted to help and I fucked it up...royally. Me working with Alastor was not any better either. I blackmailed him into doing it with me. And my contract with him is over, as I made him agree to my new terms..." I admitted and my eyes locked with Adam's briefly. I'm shocked how quiet he was about all this.

"I appreciate you coming to terms with your guilt, and coming to say you're sorry to all of us..." Vaggie relaxed a bit and glanced at Charlie who stepped aside, giving the floor to Adam and Ace. "I get it...I do..." Adam's voice was deeper than before, but it held no malice. I looked up at him quickly. "Lucifer I understand why and what you did...what hurt was that you couldn't come to me about it..." he sighed and shifted his weight. I nodded and sighed as well.

"I'm sorry-..." I started but Adam looked at me sternly. "Stop apologizing please, I already told you I understand...and we can discuss dealing with Vox later...do it appropriately and better than out right mafia style hitman bullshit" he crossed his arms. My eyes went to Ace, who had his head down. Adam nudged him softly and smiled encouraging him. "Ace, I'm sorry I made you so scared of me...I've never wanted to do that...I never wanna see you look at me like that....it burned in my brain all week..." I sniffled and rubbed my eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping..." Ace said gently, so genuinely. I glanced up and tilted my head. "Luci, you need sleep...and probably some food...I can hear your stomach from here" he looked at him with worry in his eyes. How could he just turn things around so gracefully...? Why is he worried about me and not himself? I scared the fuck out of him...yet here he is with a sad smile on his lips and nothing but worry for me in his eyes...I sniffled a little, unshed tears in my eyes.

Adam let out a breath. "Well I do miss our bed, no offense Char but you should invest in better mattresses" Charlie chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Oh none taken sir" she patted Vaggie's arm and they turned to go upstairs. "Wait you are coming back?" I asked surprised. "Of course man, it's home" Adam rolled his eyes and Ace smiled at him. The happiness in held welled up in my heart. Adam held his arms out and nodded to me. I dropped my cane and ran into his arms, hugging him tightly, a small sob coming out. I felt Adam nuzzle his face into my hair. He then pulled in Ace, all three of us hugging and comforting one another. How did I get so lucky to have them in my world...?