Get It Right

POV: Ace

I groaned softly waking up from a much needed nap. I sat up slowly, making sure I didn't put much pressure on my injured hand and wrist. I felt a body nest to me and turned to see Lucifer asleep. I placed a hand lightly on his cheek. He stirred a little and peeked open an eye at me. "Hey love...you okay?" He asked me, his voice thick with sleep. I nodded and smiled tiredly, sitting completely up now and crossed my legs. "Yeah, hand throbbing but...other than that I'm okay" I said quietly. Lucifer sat up and rubbed his face, sighing a bit. "What about you?" I asked and placed a hand on his knee.

"Like I fell all over again..." he muttered and glanced up at me. I gave him a tight smile but kept my touches gentle. "Go clean up, a shower will do ya good, maybe some food yeah?" I offered to him and he hummed in thought. "You're probably right..." he began to get up, wincing as he stretched before giving me a look. "You better do so as well mister" I rolled my eyes and nodded. "I will..I will" I sighed and glanced down. Lucifer walked over and kissed Adam on the forehead before leaving the room. I took in a deep breath and made my way to bend down and kiss Adam on the lips lightly before leaving myself.

I made my way to the kitchen to make pancakes for myself and Lucifer. I hummed quietly as I did so, making some tea for us as well. The pancakes came out fairly decent and I plated them, along with fresh honey lemon tea. I started to clean up the kitchen as Lucifer walks in, all clean and neat like his usual appearance except in more comfortable clothes than his usual suit. "Looks good dear" he said as he sat down to eat. I smiled over my shoulder finishing up the cleaning. "Eat, plus the tea will help" I nodded to the mug next to his plate. I finished up my meal and tea, placing the dishes in the sink.

I came around kissing Lucifer on the back of the neck and hummed. "I'll be in the shower, check on him will you? And you should probably call Char..." I felt him nod and I left out the kitchen to our room. It felt empty in the estate, even though all 3 of us were here. I never realized how much light Adam brought to everything. Even in Eden, when it would get its usual rain storms when the Elders would add things. Adam ran in the rain, pulled me along with him as we got soaked, my uniform heavy from water. Oh the fun we had, I never realized everything...

I stripped carefully, taking my dirty blood ridden clothes off. Them dropping onto the floor of the bathroom. I winced as I took my brace off along with the bandages, ugly dark bruises covered my wrist and hand along with cuts and stitches. I glanced up into the mirror. A flash of my angel self came across my reflection. The bright large halo, the lush black wings...set of 3, my armor and uniform of those of high standing, my shining holy sword in one hand, my eyes a dark shade of brown almost black and filled with...pride. I shook my head, the image wavering to the fallen angel of now. Covered in battle scars, torture scars, burnt wings...now only a set of 2, eyes solid black except for the bright white irises, teeth sharp, no burning halo.

I ruffled my hair and sighed getting into the shower. I spent a hot minute in there, coming out and letting out a breath. I pulled on one of Adam's hoodie's that still had wing holes in the back, some spandex shorts and some soft socks. I brushed my hair pulling it up in a little pony tail, I slid my brace back on hissing softly as I secured it. Looking around our room, it was like it wasn't touched in weeks. So I decided to clean, keeping my mind busy. I started on Lucifer's side and made my way around the room. I was careful with Adam's things as I found a place for everything.

I stopped as I found his guitar. I sat on the edge of the bed and picked it up placing it in my arms. I held it close, like it might disappear if I let go of it. Sighing, I placed it in a case I snapped up, it was one fitting for Adam. Black and gold, hints of purple in the fabric. I smiled and placed it gently against the wall. The room was all done and I hummed in satisfaction before shutting the lights off before closing the door behind me.

I made my way to the infirmary, the crumpled up paper in the pocket of the hoodie I had on. Lucifer texted me saying he was going to the hotel to let everyone in on things. I smiled at the nurse imps and took my place sitting down on the bed pushed up next to Adam's. "He'll be taken off the machines today, he's been doing well with recovery, you did amazing healing his angel steel wound, the purification you did help us a lot Mr. Ace" the elder imp nodded in thanks and placed a hand on my arm tenderly. "Thank you...all of you for always taking great care of us..." I smiled a little before laying on the bed, taking Adam's hand back in mine. "Sing to him, I know he loved singing to you when you were in here after the last extermination" the elder nurse winked before leaving us alone. Hmm...I know the perfect song...

I inhaled softly before singing softly, my voice quiet but just enough that Adam could hear me.

~ "Let's go in the Garden. You'll find something waiting.
Right there where you left it. Lying upside down."~

~ "When you finally find it. You'll see how it's faded.
The underside is lighter. When you turn it around"~

I took a breath and rubbed my eyes sniffling a bit, making sure to keep my voice from wavering as I continued singing to Adam.

~ "Everything Stays. Right where you left it.
Everything Stays. But it changes. Ever so slightly.
Daily and nightly. In little ways. When everything stays."~

~ " Go down to the ocean. The crystal tide is raising.
Water's gotten higher. As the shore washes out."~

I pulled Adam's hand to my lips lacing a kiss on top of it and glancing over at his face, still peaceful in the soft glow of the infirmary lighting.

~ "Keep your eyes wide open. Even when the sun is blazing.
The moon controls the tide. It could cause you to drown."~

~ "Everything Stays. Right where you left it.
Everything Stays. But it still changes. Ever so slightly.
Daily and nightly. In little ways. When everything stays."~

I finished the song and watched Adam's face. I saw the hint of his eyes lashes fluttering a bit. So he had heard me...good...I leaned back on the bed next to him and pulled out the crumpled piece of paper. Rereading his last words to me. I held the paper close to my chest before I fell back into another much needed sleep.