Deep End

POV: Ace

I looked up the stars that scattered around the ceiling, the boys went and got up to shower and such. Plus I figured I'd give them some privacy. We didn't have to do or do each other together. I reached out, my finger tips barely touching the small galaxies that moved slowly. I didn't really know Lilith that well, when I fell, she was right at the cusp of leaving. Her eyes always judging you, it felt like you were under a microscope. I wasn't a fan of hers, I know Adam wasn't either. She's more of a snake than Lucifer was, that melodic voice that can convince just about anything or anyone to do her bidding.

I felt a chill run down my spine, something just wasn't sitting right. I heard running footsteps down the hall, the door opening with some force. "Ace!" Adam looked at me, eyes a tad wide and wild, panting from running to get me. "What? What's going on?" I sat up and looked at him. "We have to go to a meeting with Heaven...it sounds fucking serious..." he looked down nervously. I stood up immediately and came up to him. "Lucifer too?" I asked and he nodded, my eyes widen in shock. They are summoning Lucifer? What in all that's holy is this about?! I put a hand on Adam's shoulder. "Where is he now?" "In his workshop I think" I took his hand, "Let's go".

I walked into the workshop, Lucifer out on the balcony, looking up at the red haze of Hell's skyline. "Love?" I asked gently, walking up and standing next to him. Adam sat on one of the chairs on the balcony and nervously looked between us. I leaned forward, getting a look of his face. His eyes looked distant and conflicted. "Lucifer?...What's going on...?" I asked again this time a bit more stern, snapping him out of his trance. "She's back..." "What...?" He turned to me, lip trembling ever so slightly. "She's back Ace...She's been up in Heaven all these years..." he choked out. Adam stood up at that and shook his head. "No- I would have known about it!"

"Apparently she made a deal with someone to allowed her to go back to stay in Eden...that's where's she's been for 7 years...Sera told me that we, us three, need to go to heaven, for some 'meeting'. Lilith will be there..." he looked up at me, such pain and uncertainty in those eyes that always held wonder and fun. "Babe you know it's gonna be a fuckin trap.." Adam spoke up and looked at both of us. I took a sharp inhale and took Lucifer by the shoulders. "We have to go, we can't risk another possible execution...They may target Charlie now...eye for an eye, Heaven never plays fair, we need to take them by surprise...switch up the playing field..." I had a reformed determination in my heart. Lucifer looked up at me and nodded. "You're right Ace..." he looked over at Adam who sighed and nodded as well.

"Lucifer, you know he's still a target, I'll make sure I fuckin do something this time...you focus on the meeting...if Lilith's involved it's bound to mean manipulation...sorry" I shrugged at Lucifer. "No...you're right" Lucifer straightened his suit, fixing his posture. I walked over to Adam and cupped his cheek with my hand. "I know this is gonna be hard on you...please let me be your protector this time okay?" I begged a little and he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. "Fine..." I smiled a little and ruffled his hair.

"They want us up in Heaven tonight, the meeting will be tomorrow morning..." Lucifer started to walk and head to our room. We followed, Adam close behind me as I tailed Lucifer. We started packing, the vibe a little tense. "Have you told Charlie yet?" Lucifer paused. "No...should I?" "Not if ya don't want her begging to come with us..." Adam muttered softly. He was right about that...Charlie would jump at the chance to go back to talk to the angels about her hotel...and now that her mom was involved it would be ruthless. Lucifer sighed, covering his face. "Hey..hey...breathe dear...you don't have to tell her if you don't want to okay?" I pulled him into a light hug.

Soon enough, a portal opened to heaven. I held each of their hands, leading the way through the portal. On the other side were executioners and Sera. "It's been a while...especially for you Lucifer" her voice spat his name. "Charmed as always Sera" I said with a hint of snark. She glared at me and huffed. "Follow us, unlike before, you will be confined to your room, the meeting will be held tomorrow morning, guards will come to escort you to the court room..." she glanced back at us. "Goodie..." Adam mumbled under his breath. We were lead to our quarters and the door slammed in our face.

"Lovely as usual..." I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed. Adam sat on one of the beds, knees up to his chest. If he had his wings, they would have probably been wrapped around him in comfort. Lucifer was next to him, legs crossed, biting one of his claws anxiously. I glanced at my phone and sighed before crawling next to Adam, opening up my wings to pull him to me and Lucifer. They both looked up at me and smiled a little before they each laid their heads on my shoulder, enjoying the comfort. "We got this...together right?" I kissed the top of their heads. "Together..." Lucifer nodded along with Adam.