What I Was Made For

POV: Adam

I was walking with Vaggie, holding a bunch of Charlie's drawings of 'battle plans'. I knew she was still skeptical of me, and I get it, my sudden change of heart was like whiplash to the rag tag group of the hotel. "You and Ace had an argument?" Vaggie asked as we walked up to the little meeting room Charlie made as the 'war room'. "Ah...yeah...kinda about him not wanting me on the battlefield..." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Cause you'll be a target, even though you haven't figured out your powers as a fallen angel yet, you're still a threat...as you're a BIG weakness for both our heavy hitters." She glanced over at me and held open the door to the meeting room. "Still, I can help...I know my girls better than anyone ya know?" I placed the stack of papers on the table and Vaggie sighed. "I know but now you're on the opposite end of things, Lute's sword included."

I ran a hand through my hair and leaned against the table. "I know..." "Hey, you're helping here, I'm the LAST person who would trust you but, you showed you're for real and I appreciate it" She acknowledged and placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and began to help her adjust and go through the papers. It took us a few hours to get shit together, I stretched out and looked over at Vaggie. "Whew that was a lot, lil' miss sunshine loves drawing out her ideas" I chucked and so did Vaggie. "Yeah you get used to it, well I'll go update her, see you in a bit." She got up and made her way out. I got up and looked at the big window.

"Ah Adam"

I jumped and turned to see the figure of that creep of a demon. "What do you want?" "To talk, can't a demon like me talk to a fallen angel like you, minus the wings..." he leaned over jabbing a finger in my back. I bit my tongue, my temper flaring up. "About what?" I said through grit teeth. "You know already, my deal I've been trying to get a certain lapdog to accept" he stood next to me in front of the window. "Ace won't do it...I know he won't" I crossed my arms. "Oh please how could you be so sure~" Alastor chuckled and leaned over me. I looked down at the floor and clenched my fists. "If it meant as a last resort, he would in a heartbeat...so what about you Adam?" "What about me?" Alastor grabbed the top of my shoulders, nails digging into them. "What are you willing to do to make sure he never accepts my offer?" He said in my ear and I looked over at him.

Was he making me a counter offer? Like hell I would accept it...Suddenly a figure walked into the room. "How about you get off of him hmm?" Ace's voice cut through the tension in the room. "Just making conversation~" He lifted his hands off of me and walked over to Ace, tilting his head. "Uh huh, well Charlie needs you downstairs" he crossed his arms and Alastor smiled before bowing to Ace and faded away. "Ace..." "Don't listen to him Adam" his voice was stern and on edge. I've never heard him like this...something is wrong

"I know...Ace something up?" I asked as he walked up next to me. "Just, it's getting close to the day...and I wanna be sure everyone gets through it alive..." he said and touched the window lightly. I looked over at him and then down. We were silent just watching out the window. I reached over and took his hand in mine. "I'm helping you fight, whether you approve of it or not, I need to prove myself to them, to you...and Lucifer" I said as I squeezed his hand before turning and placing a chaste kiss on Ace's cheek, leaving the room, leaving Ace by the window.

POV: Ace

Adam left the room and I clenched my jaw, tears welled up in frustration. He has nothing to fucking prove...why put yourself in the open damn it! I can't watch over you! I can't-...I sighed wiping my eyes quickly and turned, leaving the room. I made my way downstairs and watched as Adam helped Husk and Angel board up the windows and parts of the hotel. Charlie was talking with Alastor, I saw the glance at me from him. Nifty was running about stabbing at bugs. I walked past them all until Charlie caught my arm. "Ace, can we talk?" I inhaled sharply but forced a smile. "Sure thing kiddo" she pulled me outside and tilted her head. "Dad told me what Alastor has been trying to, this deal of some kind right?" I sighed. "Yeah, but I'm not gonna go with it" "I don't believe you..." she said and I blinked shocked by her tone. "It will break my dad and Adam...see you sacrifice everything for us...for them...it's not fair" I rubbed my temple.

Charlie pulled me into a hug. "We do this together, okay?" I let her hug me and I looked away. She smiled and made her way back into the hotel. I stood there for a moment before opening my wings and making my way to one of my normal broadcast towers in the city. I sat over the edge, legs dangling, my tattered wings wrapping around me, the wind blowing my hair around. I glanced at the rifle next to me along with my helmet, taking it and holding it in my hands. What was I made for...Who am I? A protector? A angel? A demon? A symbol? My grip tightened on the helmet.

My phone pinged with a message.

You coming home for dinner? It's my turn to cook~ if not I'll make a plate for you okay? Be safe -Lucifer

Another message pinged and I glanced down again.

Hey asshole, got a hit for ya, meet me at the studio in 10 minutes! - Vox

I sighed and put my helmet on, picking my rifle up heading to the Vee's studio building. Walking in, making my way to the suite on the top floor. "Oooh~ look what the cat dragged in~" Val's voice said as I walked in. "There you are! Okay so I have this prick who has been toying with my VERY EXPENSIVE broadcasting software. Find the punk and take his fucking head off? We clear?" Vox clapped his hands together and placed a hand on my shoulder. "And? There's usually a catch to your lil' hits Voxxy~" I raised an eye brow and he stuttered a bit not looking at me. "No catch, just a prick making my business a hassle" he shrugged and Val hummed looking me up and down. "Don't even think about it moth boy" I turned and sighed.

"If this turns out to be more than some prick, I'll cut your cables myself" I walked to the door to leave and made my way out. I spent most of the night hunting for this fucker, managed to figure out it was a past employee of Vox's, I took him out after a much heavy scuffle. That was the fucking catch to this hit, that prick was apart of the mafia I slaughtered to get Adam that guitar. I was banged up pretty bad, my emotions from earlier making me a tad sloppy. I threw the targets head on the floor, it rolling toward Vox. "There. The equipment is down in the studio. I'll be fuckin leaving now" I growled and Vox blinked at the head before smiling big. "Thanks Ace, I'll be sure to send my appreciation" he waves as I left without a word.

I dropped onto the balcony, wincing at the deep cut in my leg. I walked in, the door unlocked for me, I shuffled to the kitchen, placing my rifle on the table and my helmet, both covered in blood and inchor. I heated up the meal Lucifer left for me and I ate it slowly sitting at the bar, head hung. "You're destroying yourself..." Lucifer walked into the kitchen making me jump a bit. "Coming in almost every night battered and messed up...what's wrong Ace?" "I'm sick of hearing that..." I muttered. Lucifer came and stood in front of me. "You're spiraling in front of us, we don't know what to do to help!" His voice getting louder. "I'm just doing my job Lucifer" "You don't have to" I slammed the fork down and stood up. "Yes I do! What am I without being useful!? I need this! It's the only thing I can do!" I yelled, tears rolling down my face. Lucifer looked at me sadly.

"Ace, you're so much more than that...stop destroying yourself for us...for them...you deserve the happiness I know you crave...I allowed myself to, why can't you?" He walked over and cupped my face, tears and dried blood smudging on my cheeks. "I...I don't know...I'm sorry" I choked out. Lucifer cooed softly. "It's okay, you don't need to do this by yourself...now finish eating so I can tend to your wounds" he placed a kiss on my forehead before leaving the kitchen.