Bound To You

POV: Lucifer

I made my way back home from the Overlord meeting. Of course Velvette made a mess of the meeting, in normal V fashion. Camilla was NOT having it, I wasn't expecting the decapitated Angel head that was thrown on the table either. I knew angels could be killed. They weren''t indestructible...I sighed and looked at my phone. Nothing from either of them but one from Charlie letting him know they had a game plan for the battle coming up. Ace has been begging him to talk strategy with him but I kept brushing him off. I know he was getting frustrated with me...

I made my way into the estate and looked around. It was uncharacteristically quiet. No Ace practicing in the training room or Adam playing his guitar. It came to him how silent things were when he was by himself. He isolated himself for years after Lilith left. Was this what Adam experienced when I fell and Ace disappeared from the garden?...I understand it...I hung my hat up on the rack in our shared room. It smelled like them, Adam loved musky perfumes and scents, Ace of course went on hunts to find things Adam wanted. It was like a crow bringing shiny things to its nest. I chuckled and hummed softly. Ace on the other hand had this forest smell, like after a fresh rain.

Getting into more comfy clothes I noticed Adam's guitar wasn't here. They must be at the hotel still, Charlie mentioned that in her text message. I didn't know what to do with myself so I made my way to the workshop to get more things done for the hotel. I didn't know what time it was but I head voices in the hallway. It sounded like arguing. Great...what can it possibly be about? I cracked open my door and peeked out. Ace was in the hallway with Adam, a frustrated and pained expression on his face. Adam looked genuinely annoyed and fists were clenched.

"Seriously?! Another fucking deal and what? What happens huh?" Adam barked out and my interest was sucked in. Deal? What the fuck? "Adam do you not realize what will happen? You. Are. A. Target! I'm not gonna just fucking let you on that battlefield!" Ace yelled back. "You don't have to fucking protect me like some child! I can fucking handle myself!" Adam shook his head throwing his hands up. "The radio creep hasn't even told you the fine print of that deal! What if you can't get yourself outta that one huh?" Adam's voice strained. Radio creep?...fuck Alastor...that fucking-...

"If it saves hell? The hotel? My friends? The fuckin loves of my life and afterlife?! I would do it in a heart beat, I know I can take on Lute, they will use you to take me down, Adam you're my biggest weakness!" Ace yelled out and threw his hands out. Adam rubbed his face. "Why?...Why am I your biggest weakness?" He muttered. Ace turned away, voice barely a whisper but filled with so much emotion. "Cause I would do ANYTHING...to make you smile...to make you laugh...to make you happy and loved...to make sure you never got hurt...I can still fucking hear your screams in that courtroom...I couldn't do a damn thing...so now I am" he hugged himself before storming off to the training room.

I stepped out and Adam jumped. "Ah! Lucifer...how long were you there?" He sighed and looked over at me. "Heard everything actually..." I came next to him and rubbed his shoulder. "Cmon, I could use a drink" I took his hand leading him to the bar in the salon. I poured myself a stiff drink and a whiskey for Adam who sat down on one of the stools covering his face. "Do you wanna know why he's like that Adam?" I looked up and leaned back on the bar. He peeked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "Cause that's what he's been doing for millennia, he'd done it for me....for Charlie...for his fellow angels...and mainly for you. When I introduced him to you, I knew Ace and you would connect. I knew my motives were...selfish...especially cause I thought distracting you would make Lilith be all to myself...which I apologize for..." I took a sip of my drink as did he.

"I knew how Ace was as a person and an angel. He was incredibly kind, patient, and self sacrificing. After we visited the garden he would ramble on about the things you both did and shared with each other, to be honest I was a tad jealous, since I know we used to be that way before Lilith came into the picture. But the look in his eyes, Adam he was so in love with you." I leaned over and smiled. Adam held his head in his hands and sighed. "When we got captured, he was screaming and fighting back against the angels. His own people and superiors. Begged to leave you alone. I didn't know much after I was casted down here...Ace told me they tortured him, tried to get any information, but he remained tight lipped. I'm guessing out of spite or anger at his brothers and sisters for possibly doing this to him. To us." I looked into my drink.

"Months and months went by, assuming they already made Eve for you, shoving lies about us down your throat. Sera finally came up with the deal of Ace to become some vigilante for them, to take care of people out of their places, but also remain without his existence, warned him that if he TRIED to go to you, they would punish you, and if he didn't do his job, they would punish you by possibly casting you down." I put my empty glass down. Adam looked down conflicted and guilt shown in his eyes. "Adam, you did what you were told, you had no power back then, you became their pawn as intended, it's not completely your fault" "I was such a bastard though..." "Pfft still kinda are...kidding love..." I reached over and pet his head gently.

"I'll talk to him, I've been avoiding this topic like the plague cause I had the same fears he does..." I sighed and tilted my head. "Ace loves you Adam, I'm sure he is still scarred about the scene in that courtroom as much as you are...He's strong but we all need extra help, do what you can to help Charlie and everyone, as will I" I patted his back and went to leave. "I'll be back, maybe you can make some dinner? It's your turn to cook tonight" I winked and heard him chuckle. "Will do babes..." he said heading to the kitchen.