The Ghost of You

POV: Ace

I was pretty much completely healed up. I spent most of my time training to get back into shape. The guys watched me like hawks most of the time, it was getting more annoying than anything. I'm not some fragile statue or some shit. Music blasted through the training room as I finished up some reps. I looked up into the mirror that covered one of the walls, My hair was half up and down, it was getting longer. Gonna need to cut it soon...it's gonna start getting too hard to manage. I was in a t-shirt that I cut the arm holes out of and spandex shorts. The T-shirt was Adam's, since we were both on the bigger side I'd like to steal his clothes.

I picked up my water bottle taking a big sip from it, checking my phone. Vox has been blowing up my phone since the battle with heaven. His little spat with Alastor was none of my fucking business, I had no stakes in it, sure Vox was a close 'friend' but that is not a pool I wanna step in. Speaking of which, I wonder what this 'favor' would be...that was the term of Lucifer's deal. I leaned against the wall and sighed looking at my messages. 3 from Vox, 1 from Charlie, 2 from Carmella.

VOX: Hey! I need you ASAP. Get off your ass and meet me!
VOX: Seriously? You're gonna blow me off? FUCK YOU.
VOX: Sorry...Cmon Ace just help me, I'll offer you something good this time? No catches!
______
CHAR: Heyy~ Listen we're having a little party this weekend to celebrate the victory, we wanted to wait till you were better :) Let me know if you're gonna come! Tell Adam to bring his guitar!
______
CARMINE: Hey I have the latest shipment in, there's a beauty saved for you when you're ready.
CARMINE: Also there's a meeting next week, you're officially an Overlord as declared by our lovely King of Hell.

Lucifer made me an overlord the other day. I was shocked by it, I mean, I was honored but wasn't really something I wanted. Don't get me wrong, but I dunno, just not really me I guess. I got up and texted Charlie back. Vox can fucking wait on his bullshit. Turning the music off, I made my way to the room. I peeked in, neither of the boys in there for once. I went to go take a nice shower.

I picked out a flannel and tshirt having the logo of one of my favorite Earth bands, along with ripped jeans and my usual slip on vans. They had a bunch of doodles on them thanks to those two. I leaned over the sink as I did my eyeliner, humming softly. After finishing that I shook my hair out before doing my normal style of half up and half down, my bangs still down. I yawned softly and put my jewelry on. Slipping on my rings and bracelets, I made my way out of the bathroom.

"Ace! There you are!" Lucifer smiled big, getting changed into casual clothes. "Oh hey love, guess you got Char's text about the party?" "Oh yea, I was just changing to head over, guessing that's what you're dressed for?" I nodded and glanced around. "Don't worry, Adam is on his way from going to the store" he reassured me, buckling his belt on a pair of black slacks. It was nice seeing Lucifer in different outfits than that white suit. I sat on scrolling my phone while Lucifer finished up in the bathroom.

Soon enough, Adam came in dropping some shopping bags. "Sorry I'm late" he panted softly, out of breath from rushing. "It's all good dear, just finishing up, then you can get ready" Lucifer poked his head out from the bathroom. I tilted my head at Adam and leaned forward. "What's in the bags?" "Pshh none of your business" he rolled his eyes at me. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. "Well fuck you then" He picked up the bags going into the bathroom with Lucifer. Luci walked out of the bathroom and nodded to me leaving the room.

I heard Adam struggle here and there in the bathroom. I got up from the bed and knocked on the door. "Addy you good in there?" I heard sniffling and a shuffle. Turning the doorknob, I let myself in. There was Adam sitting on the toilet seat, looking defeated in new clothes, I assumed that's what he went to the store for, rubbing his eyes and sniffling. "Hey...what's wrong love?" I came over squatting in front of him lifting his chin up to look at me. "I..I wanted to look fuckin rad...and the outfit isn't...it's not what I wanted to look like and...I look so gross...I wasted all that time and it's not right" he mumbled, eyes shifting away from mine.

I hummed in understanding. I know how it feels to not love your own body. I cupped his cheek and smiled. "Show me, maybe I can help" he looked back at me, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "Really? Okay well look-" he sat up and spun around to show me. It was punk rock sorta outfit, leather jacket and all. I stood up tapping my lip in thought. "Well first, it's a bit TOO loud, if we took some of the belts off..-" I reached around him taking off the multiple hanging belts, leaving the one keeping his jeans up. "And maybe lose the motorcycle chaps" I laughed a little helping him remove them. "Open up the jacket a bit, give ya room to breathe..." I unzipped some of the jacket showing some of the band tshirt he had underneath. Adam watched me work, letting me man handle him as I did.

"As for the jewelry, keep the spiked bracelet and a few of the beaded ones, maybe one or two rings for each hand, the choker looks really sexy on you though" I smirked and saw the blush spread over Adam's cheeks. I picked up my brush and stood on my tiptoes fixing and brushing Adam's unruly hair and reached over digging in the drawer for some pomade, putting some in my hands rubbing it on my fingers before running it through Adam's hair, styling it in a light quaff. I stepped back to admire my handiwork, I felt a small blush on my cheeks looking at the fallen angel in front of me. "You too macho for eyeliner?" I asked smiling, wiggling my liner pencil in my fingers.

"Pft If it makes me look sick, it's whatever" he shrugged and I nodded, instructing him as I attempted to do the eyeliner, nearly poking a damn eyes out in the process. I took him by the shoulders turning him around in the mirror. "Done!" I smiled big as Adam's eyes widened and smiled. "Holy shit babes! I look hot as fuck!" He turned looking at himself. "Damn right you do" I giggled and pat his back. "Cmon, Luci's waiting on us." I took his hand in mine, leading him to the salon of the castle.

"There you guys are! Took ya-....holy shit" Lucifer stared, his mouth open as he stared at Adam. He came over and kissed each of us. "Look at my handsome lovers!" He smiled and snapped his fingers opening a portal to the Hotel. Walking through it, Charlie excitedly greeted us. Everyone flaunted over Adam's fit, a big smile across his face and I leaned back on the bar happy I helped him out. Lucifer talked with Charlie and Vaggie. I glanced to the corner of the room seeing Alastor tilting his head at me, amused. My eyes twitched a bit, unnerved but shook my head ignoring him, enjoying the others excitement.