The Only Exception

POV: Lucifer

Talking to Carmilla went just fine, she understood for the most part and gave me the analytics of the meeting, telling me to give them to Ace. I looked at my phone, Charlie has been blowing up my phone since coming back from Heaven. I wanted to make sure Ace was okay with leaving the estate. I didn't want to force him or anything, it could trigger a transformation. Adam was babysitting him most of time, he's been pretty overprotective of him since coming back from that meeting. I didn't mind, It was interesting seeing Adam show his true emotion and intentions.

I decided to respond to my daughter, she needed to know about her mother, what happened with Ace...

ME: Hey Char, I'm sorry I didn't reply...just I wanted to make sure Ace was up to it
CHARLIE: Dad what even happened up there? Not even Adam is spilling what happened!
ME: I know I know, We'll come see you to explain everything...just be...open minded
CHARLIE: Okay...see you soon then

I snapped open a portal back home, stepping through it landing in our room. My nose twitched a bit and glanced over to the bathroom, the shower running and multiple voices. I always miss the fun...well I'm just happy Adam got him out of that room. I knocked on the door and heard a "Come in!". I opened the door was hit with the smell of sex, it sending my body into a shiver. "Looks like you both had some fun huh?" I asked and glanced at the butt print on the marble counter. I chuckled a little and looked at the shower, the glass fogged up but I could clearly see both of them in there. "It was long over due Luci!" Adam called out and turned the shower off. Ace grabbed their towel, arm popping out from the door of the shower, tossing Adam's his.

"Well I talked to Charlie..." "Oh yeah? We going over there?" Adam stepped out first, towel wrapped around his waist. My eyes lingering to the bite mark on his clavicle. I raised an eyebrow and sighed nodding to him. "Yeah, so get ready then we'll head over." Adam nodded and leaned over kissing my cheek before going to the room. Ace stepped out and shook out his hair like a wet dog. Smiling I came over, resting my head on his shoulder. "You doing okay?" My voice soft. Ace looked at me, they didn't hold the helplessness they did days ago. "Yeah, Adam made sure of that...thank you for going to that meeting...ya didn't have to-" "Shh, I did it cause I love you and wanted to help relieve some pressure you had..." I leaned in placing a kiss on his lips. He kissed back and smiled. "Okay Luci" "Now go get dressed okay?" He nodded and followed Adam to go get dressed.

After Adam and Ace got all finished, they both smiled at me. My heart clenched and I held out my hands to each of them. We walked through the portal I made, landing them in the hotel lobby. "Dad!" Charlie came down the main staircase taking two at a time, throwing her arms around me in a big hug, I hugged her back and smiled. "Hey sweetie". She then gave Adam and Ace big hugs as well. "Come up sit by the fire and tell me what happened" she led me to the common area. I sat down on one of the big chairs, Adam took one of the couches and Ace on the floor, sitting between Adam's legs.

"So let's start from the beginning...Sera requested an immediate meeting with all 3 of us, which is odd, since I was banished from ever setting foot past those gates..." I started and crossed my legs. Charlie and Vaggie listened intently, the other tenants leaning an ear as well. "So we went, knowing it was most likely another trap, like they did to Ace and Adam a few months ago..." I took a small breath and glanced at the girls holding hands on the couch. "What was it about?" Vaggie asked. "About that...we were held in a room overnight, when we were led to the trial...Sera just proceeded to go on a rant about killing Lute during the extermination...but it wasn't really why we were there...Charlie-" I leaned over and looked at her seriously. "Your mother was there...Lilith told us we had 'unfinished business'..." her eyes went wide and opened her mouth to speak. "W-What? Why is she in heaven?" Her voice strained.

"She must of cut a deal to let her return to heaven to stay...that's probably where she's been for the past 7 years..." I rubbed my temples softly. Charlie started to tear up and shake her head. "No...why would she abandon us?" I shook my head. "I don't know sweetheart...but she was mean and vile...and struck a nerve with Ace" I glanced over at him and he pulled his knees more to his chest. The girls looked over to him. "I became this big beast...smoke, fangs, glowing red eyes...a terrifying monster and I charged at Lilith...only emotion was rage...luckily your dad swooped in and helped me transform back..." he muttered.

"I'm sorry Char...I was just so...so angry at her...for leaving you and your dad...the way she treated Adam back in the day...she's just vile and we don't know what she's planning but now all of heaven's higher ups know about what I turn into..." his voice small and leaned more into Adam. Charlie looked down to process everything. We sat in silence for a little until I cleared my throat. "So we plan to help Ace out with this power of his...get it under control and him to use it when absolutely necessary..." I leaned back in the chair once more.

Charlie suddenly ran into Ace's arms and started crying. "It's okay! We'll all help you! I don't want to lose a good friend like you to heaven or my mother!" She cried into his chest. Ace's eyes were wide but then softened, pulling her close and hugged her tightly. "Thanks Char...you're the best ya know that?" Ace's voice wavered a little. Adam smiled, looking fairly tired. "Let's all relax with a drink huh?" Husk said from the bar and I turned to look at him nodding. "Sounds good to me!"

We all gathered at the bar. We each had a nice time distressing from the past few days. Heaven was planning something...and so was Lilith...I had to make sure everyone were on their toes...