Dog Days Are Over

POV: Ace

This week has been killer. I've been at work with the club frequently, when I wasn't dancing on stage I was underground fighting my ass off. Adam picked me up every night, carrying my bag or myself back home. Lucifer has been taking his role as 'King of Hell' a lot more seriously recently, ever since him learning about my deal with the Vees. He never did go to Vox, he made sure to yell at me about being stood up the other day. Alastor and Lucifer seemed weirdly close as well, but the hatred in their eyes for one another never diminished. I was at a photo shoot with Angel today, Val was throwing shit and having a tantrum due to the outfits for the shoot unfinished.

"Where is that maldita perra sucia!?" He screamed and threw his director chair. "What the FUCK is happening in here!? Val?" Vox came in a scowl on his screen and went over pulling him down by the gold chain around Val's neck. "Velvette has been missing ALL day! I need my outfits for this FUCKING shoot!" Val threw his arms up and Vox inhaled big and took a step back. "I'll go and look for her, use what you have, and fucking RELAX Val" he glared at the fuming moth and turned to leave the shoot room. Angel raised an eyebrow and I shrugged. We finished the shoot just barely and we hung out in Angel's dressing room.

Angel sat at the vanity and fixed his eyeliner. "So what do you think that was about?" He glanced at me from the mirror. I leaned over the railing of the balcony, taking a drag off my joint. "Honestly no clue...she usually never leaves the studio unless Vox makes her attend the Overlord meetings...which she hasn't been at either..." I shrugged and smudged out my joint on the bottom of the heel of my shoe. "Well this is gonna fuckin blow with Val in such a shit mood...anyway...see ya at the show tonight" he walked over, bag over his shoulder, and kissed my cheek before leaving. I sighed and checked my phone.

ADDY: Yo I'm outside downstairs, I just saw Vox run past me, he looked terrified out of his mind...what's that about?

I texted him back before picking up my own bag, closing the door of the dressing room.

ME: No idea, but I'll check it out before coming down

Using my shadow manipulation, I moved to Vox's little villain hideout. I peeked in and my eyes widened in shock. There on the screen was footage of Velvette, well her remains. Her body looked charred, like she was spit roasting for a little too long. Nearly unrecognizable. Vox had his head down at his desk, it sounded like crying almost, I wasn't sure. Valentino was there too, covering his face, staying quiet. "Someone is taking us out...This isn't Alastor's work..." Vox growled out, his voice glitching a bit. "Oh mi pobre alma..." Val shook his head and Vox turned to him. "We need to protect our assets...Add more security tonight...can't risk this..." he held Val's shoulders and stood there.

I moved to take my leave. Rushing out and meeting Adam out front. He looked at me blinking a bit. "Whoa babes-..." I pulled him behind me to find a secluded place to talk. "Someone killed Velvette..." I held his arms on my hands. "Wait the fashion chick?" I nodded and he shook his head. "She was charred, barely recognizable...that wasn't regular fire either..." "What do you mean?" He searched my eyes for a minute. "It was Holy Fire" I said flatly. "You mean-?" "Lucifer's doing yes..." I chewed on my thumbnail anxiously.

"Why?" "My contract remember? If there's no Vees..." "No contract" Adam crossed his arms and nodded to himself. Exactly...he's offing them off to break me free of the deal...but why not tell us he's doing it? "He's working with Alastor, that's probably why they've been so chummy recently..." I muttered and Adam sighed. "Here we go again...more bullshit..." We both headed home to the estate, hand in hand. "They are upping security tonight for the show, so stick low when you come watch..." I looked over to him as we walked into the mansion. Imps were rushing around like normal, but more were coming in and out of Luci's workshop.

"Got get ready for the show, I'll be at the club in a few hours" Adam smiled and kissed my cheek lightly. I nodded and headed to the bathroom of our room. It was a pink theme for tonight. I was live singing as well...Vox made sure I strictly sung at the club. I put on the barely there lingerie and pasties. I pulled my hair up, fitting on a light pink styled lace front wig. My make up finished, I packed my change of clothes and such in my duffle, putting on my jacket and sweats over my show outfit heading out to leave. I texted Adam and Luci before taking off for the club.

POV: Adam

I pushed open the door to the workshop, there stood Lucifer leaning over the balcony railing, Imps running past me with scrolls and files. I made my way around them to stand in the doorway of the balcony. "So...busy today?" I said arms crossed. He jumped a little and turned to me and forced a smile. "Yeah Ace has a show tonight right? Tell him I'm sorry I can't come...been super busy with plans, he'll understand..." Lucifer's voice was rough and unlike him. I bit my lip in annoyance and tilted my head. "You mean like killing off the Vees?" He nearly choked on his inhale and looked up at me, eyes narrowing. Fucking knew it... "It was a shame that Velvette met her demise like that but I had no play in that, now if you don't mind" he tried shoving past me but I caught his arm. "No, I don't actually...with HOLY FIRE Lucifer really? Why don't you scream it to Heaven that you killed her?!" I glared at him and he turned returning my glare.

"And so what? I'm taking my fucking role back of this shithole! Bout time to right? Plus taking the Vees out cancels Ace's contract! Isn't that what you wanted Adam?" He barked back at me. I did but this just makes things worse in hindsight. "Lucifer they are locking down the club tonight! Ace snooped in Vox's office, what if they capture you!? Or find a way to fucking off you before you get to them!?" I cried and let him go, Lucifer not looking at me directly. "That's why he's helping me..." "Alastor right?" "Yes" he muttered and shifted his weight. I ran my hands through my hair frustrated and fed up with him. "Ace is still their asset, if they find out it's EITHER of you, they will punish him...ever think of that huh? Who even are you right now?" I said, voice shifting to a somber tone.

Lucifer looked down, a defeated expression on his face. "What do you mean...I'm the fucking king of hell Adam...maybe this is my true self..." he whispered. I sighed tiredly, about to leave the workshop. "Yeah...bullshit but whatever you say...I'm gonna go make sure OUR boyfriend doesn't get hurt tonight...like always" I let out harshly before slamming the door to the workshop, heading out of the estate to the club.