Wrecking Ball

POV: Ace

I sat up in my bed and kept staring at my scar in the middle of my abdomen. I should be dead...one of them fucked up. Sighing. I watched the nurse imps putter around the infirmary. It made me happy Adam came and sang to me everyday...him ranting about Lucifer, about the hotel...I knew he must of felt lonely...my heart ached at the thought. I needed an explanation NOW. Last thing I remembered was Adam holding my body, Lucifer and him screaming at someone. Then pitch blackness followed by a warm welcoming feeling and no pain, not in a follow the light way, but the rush of resurrection.

I accidentally cut my finger earlier, the same gold inchor dripped from the cut, I was still angelic. So what's the fuckin deal? I hear the door open, Lucifer and Adam coming in. They both looked like absolute dog shit. "Ain't yall a sight for sore eyes..." I smiled a little. Adam came and sat on the bed next to mine, Lucifer sat next to me on my bed. "Yeah, I bet..." Adam said as I looked between them. Lucifer took a deep breath. "I took a deal...to save you...it was with Alastor" he said, awaiting my reaction wincing a bit. My ears started to ring and my eyes stared to blur, as tears quickly formed. "Ace..." Adam whispered. "Why? Lucifer why? You didn't-.." "Yes I did! I couldn't lose you! Just like I couldn't lose Adam...or Charlie...what was I to do, let you die when I could've prevented it!?" Lucifer stood up, fists balled, tears of his own falling fast over his pink cheeks.

Adam kept silent and rubbed his eyes. "What were the terms?..." I asked fidgeting with my hands in my lap, looking down. "He would bring you back in return...doing him a favor down the line, but I won't need to hurt anyone..." Adam said and I glanced over at him. "You know he's going to trick you in the context of that right?" "Yeah...I do" Lucifer looked so defeated, it hurt to see in real time. We all stayed silent for a bit. "I'm sorry Luci..." I said and they both looked at me. "What? Ace what for?" Lucifer shook his head taking my hand in his. "I failed you guys...I was supposed to protect you guys..." I whimpered out and Adam came to sit on the other side of me. "We protect one another...it shouldn't be only one of our jobs okay? We're all protectors damn it! Sure one of use fucked up, so what? We're still together right?!" Adam said confidently and I smiled, how could I not. "He's right Ace...we're in this together" Lucifer patted my thigh gently.

I nodded and pulled them both in for a hug. "I love you both so much..." I whispered and they held me back tightly. "Also you both showed me how much of train wrecks yall are without me around" I pulled back and chuckled teasingly. "Oh Shuddup" Adam huffed crossing his arms. Lucifer rolled his eyes and stood up. I went to get up myself but they stopped me. "Whoa whoa, the fuck you think you're doing?" Adam pushed me back down. "Uh? Getting up?" I raised an eyebrow. "You just woke up hours ago, you are resting till that sweet ass is at 100%, ya hear me?" He glared at me and I sighed flopping back onto the bed.
"UGH fine fuck" I grumbled turning away from them. Lucifer chuckled, "Just wanna make sure you'll be okay Ace". "I know I know...sheesh..." I mumbled but had a smile on my face.

"I have a meeting with the overlords, I'm sure Adam will keep you company, he's like a little puppy without us" Lucifer leaned over pinching Adam's cheek, as he swats Lucifer's hand away face red with embarrassment. Once Lucifer left, Adam placed himself at the edge of my bed. "So ya did hear me...good" he placed his head in one of his hands leaning on his knee. "Of course I did...I was always a sucker for your music..." I hummed glancing up at him. "I didn't want to be alone...fuck it hurt so bad...after we came back, and you were being treated...Lucifer locked himself in his workshop...I tried to reach out...but he didn't want it...you were in a coma kinda so...I just wanted to hear your voice...anyone's...it was like Eden all over..." his voice trailed, his voice filled with pain. "I'm sorry sweetheart...cmere..." I opened my arms and patted next to me. He looked up and without another word slid next to me, holding me firm but soft.

He buried his face in my chest, small sniffles coming from him. I ran my fingers through his unruly hair and smiled. "Thank you..." He glanced up at me, "For what?..." "Keeping me company...you were always the best company" I said quietly, almost nostalgic. "You think so?...Well you're welcome babes" he cuddled back up to me as we laid there in silence. Soon enough, I heard snores coming from Adam, man probably barely slept at all while I was comatose. Lucifer had responsibilities to keep him distracted from confronting everything, as for Adam he didn't really have that. I looked up at the ceiling and let out a soft sigh.

POV: Lucifer

I took my coat off with a huff, loosening my dress shirt and walked to the bedroom. I blinked finding it empty. Hmm. I made my way to the infirmary and opened the door. I chuckled, Adam completely knocked out while Ace was trapped under him. "Help. Me." he choked out and I walked over gently moving Adam over to the other bed. Ace inhaled sharply and huffed. "Jesus, man is dead weight when he sleeps" he sat up and rubbed his chest lightly. "Yeah trust me I know" I sat next to him. "I get why you didn't come visit me Luci..." he looked at me seriously. "I felt so guilty...being the one to take that fuckin deal..." I gritted my teeth and Ace shrugged. "To be honest...If Lute struck Adam down...I would have done the same thing on that rooftop...also..uh his powers..." we both looked at Adam, who was loudly snoring with a bit a drool on his chin.

"Yeaaah...wasn't expecting them to be ...that powerful..." Lucifer sighed. "Was there anything even left of Lute?" "Nope..." "Holy fuckin shit" Ace blinked and I looked back at him. "How's Charlie?" "Good, the hotel is bigger and better than ever, more sinners piling in after the battle" I smiled proudly. Ace smiled too. "Good, kid needs a break...and you do too" he pointed to me. "You owe Adam all that time you spent rotting in that workshop" he looked at me seriously. "I know...I was being selfish..." I murmured. "Good...I love you Luci..." he smiled and I turned to smiled back at him. "Love you too~..." I leaned over kissing him softly before laying where Adam was previously next to Ace. I rambled about the meeting with him, feeling this hole in my heart fill since the battle.