Another Way Out

POV: Lucifer (Night of going after Vox)

I was in the training room with Adam and Ace. I cleaned up the place after Ace's emotional outburst after the incident. Leaning against the padded wall, I panted softly watching the other two spar. "This is all the ex-leader of the exorcists can dish out, rather lame if ya ask me" Ace taunted and shuffled on his feet a smug smile on his face. I heard Adam growl in frustration as he dove for Ace once more, this time actually laying a good hit to him. "There we go big boy!" Ace laughed and grabbed Adam's arm, tossing him almost completely onto his shoulder, but dropped him onto the mats on his ass. "You're such an ass" Adam muttered rubbing his tailbone. I chuckled and stretched out. "We're all outta shape from just chilling this past month, we needed the ass beatin' right?" I walked over to Adam helping him up. Adam rolled his eyes but sighed in resignation. "Yeah yeah, I know, but I need a small break" he grabbed his water bottle and downed it in one go.

We all sat in a circle on the floor mats, Ace and I stretching while Adam downs more water. "So game plan?" Adam asked as he wiped his mouth glancing over at me. I sat back up and sat criss crossed applesauce. "We infiltrate Vox tower, most of all his goons and workers dipped after the club fire, so he's probably extremely paranoid and on edge." Ace hummed in agreement. "He's probably watching on every device he can slip into, just need to find a blind spot" he leaned back on both hands. Adam hummed in thought and nodded. "He had some emotional attachment to that moth fucker, maybe they were a thing?" "Completely, I saw how they were behind closed doors" Ace made a grossed out face.

"Well so he'll be paranoid, alone, and very emotionally vulnerable. Pretty preen if you ask me" Adam nodded and began to get up. I chuckled also getting up. "Would be better if we had like...a mini emp" I shrugged and Ace clapped his hands. "Wait, don't tell me you fucking have one, what are you Batman?" Adam crossed his arms as Ace sprung up and dug in his gear pulling out a literal emp grenade, sporting Carmilla's branding on it. "You can say that" Ace beamed and tossed the emp in his hand.

"Okay, so we could manage to sneak in, get into Vox's lil' man cave, and use the emp on him OR use the emp on the tower, cutting his power so we can go in and corner him" I shifted my weight and looked at the other two. Adam shrugged and Ace held the emp in his hand a little tightly. "We use it on him...no need for negotiation...it would fry his mainframe...end of the Vees" I heard a slight sinister tone in his voice. Adam locked eyes with me, almost asking me if I approve of this idea.

"I mean we only agreed to not go all mafia style on his ass, not a tactical approach" Adam placed a hand on his hip. I let out a soft sigh, he was right, they only agreed upon not going full out murdering him to make a message, not displaying his corpse like an effigy. Ace smiled and went to start getting the gear ready. Adam walked over and tried some of the tactical gear Ace bought for him. "You really wear this shit every time you go out?" "Hmm? Oh yeah, I mean it's a lot lighter than my old 'yer hee' ass armor I wore in heaven" Ace looked over his shoulder. I walked over, "Anything for me?" I asked more timidly than I liked.

Ace looked up and held a perfectly shaped tactical outfit, not too flashy but just the right detail that met my liking. "Of course! Here love!" His voice filled with excitement. We got ready into our gear while Ace got his weapons and checked his rifle, loading in glowing enchanted bullets. He came over handing each a knife to us, hesitating only slightly as he gave one to Adam. I saw them exchange looks of some kind before nodding. "I hope to get those back" Ace crossed his arms and checked his phone. "Let's head out yeah?" He lead the way and I followed, Adam behind me.

We were on the balcony, Ace unfurling his wings rolling his shoulders, I did the same and glanced at Adam. "Ride of choice?" I smiled at him and he tapped his chin. "Well I always ride with Ace, so let's go duck boy" he smiled and Ace nodded lifting up in the air. I picked Adam up easily as he held my side as lifting up in the air next to Ace. "Let's get this done boys" Ace took off gliding with the shadows that covered the city. I just noticed Ace isn't wearing his helmet anymore, it was refreshing to see him look so, fluid and himself.

Soon enough we landed near the tower. Adam let go of me and I stretched out my wings. I haven't carried someone in a hot minute, nothing against Adam honestly, just definitely not used to flying like that. Ace scoped out the tower with the scope of his rife, I often forget how he was a head guardsman of heaven and their precious project of Eden. Man did his job, and did it well...unlike me. "There are a few cameras, if I shoot them out, it'll freak out Vox which might cause him to flee through the tech." Ace put down the rifle and we both nodded at him.

"The side door, in the alleyway, where you and Angel used, is that an option to sneak in?" Adam asked and I tilted my head. Oh yeah...I was too busy swinging my king boner around I forgot Adam used to take Ace here everyday for 'work'...ugh... "Possibly it didn't have much surveillance...but getting there might be a challenge" Ace slung his rifle back on his back. I searched the area and hummed in thought. "Use the shadows, take Adam under your powers, I can transform and make my way there easily" I nodded to them and Ace smiled. "Good idea, Adam cmere" he called over Adam and opened out a set of his wings, folding in Adam seamlessly into his smoke powers. "On your call Luci" I nodded and transformed into my snake form in a flash, I made my way through the alleyway, making sure I was out of the cameras sights. Ace followed closely behind sticking to the trick of the shadows.

We all met at the back door. Ace let Adam go and he grumbled to himself about choking on the smoke. Ace tried the handle and  it opened. "Dumbass" Ace muttered before ushering us in quickly. I looked around, the studio was abandoned and shit was thrown everywhere. Adam and Ace carefully made their was through the debris and clutter to the stairs, the elevator would cause too much noise. We made our way up to the small secret entrance of Vox's lair, making our way in and not expecting the scene that stood before us.