Radio Killed the TV Star

POV: Ace (depictions of gore and heavy theme)

I was the first one into Vox's liar. My eyes widened in shock, seeing the place completely trashed, the copious amount of televisions were smashed and leaking a glowing blue liquid, there were scratch marks on the floor and desk. Adam and Lucifer looked around confused. I suddenly heard ragged breathing and lifted my rife in anticipation of any danger. "Vox?" I called out and heard a weak gasp. "T-That you Ace?" Vox's voice came from behind the large chair he normally sat in.

I walked closer and moved the chair, rifle still raised. When I saw the state of him, my rifle dropped. "What the fuck Voxxy..." I inhaled sharply. Vox was a mangled mess, he was missing his left arm that looked ripped off, his screen was bashed in quite badly, red and blue glowing liquid pouring from the 'open wound', his eyes were heavily glitching as I noticed the cord I once cut in self defense was removed completely now. Lucifer covered his mouth and shook his head. "What fucking happened?" Adam stood next to Lucifer and crossed his arms.

I shook my head and Riesling my rifle onto my shoulder, kneeling in front of Vox. "What happened?" Vox coughed hard and laughed, more blue liquid, most likely blood, splurt from his mouth. "W-Why do you even c-care Ace?" I sat back and sighed. "Who did this?" I asked again but he muttered again. "You c-came here to gut me too...someone beat you to it huh?" I reached over and picked up one of his hands in mine. "I was but..." I whispered. "But what? You suffered all the Vee's torment for months! Let's off him while he's down" Adam sneered at Vox and Lucifer sighed. "As we did come here to end Ace's deal for good, we decided to also take the high road with this one, ultimately it's up to Ace" Lucifer looked at me and I nodded. Adam growled in irritation and turned away. "All this for what? To save his ass!" Lucifer gave Adam a hard stare shutting him up.

I turned back to Vox. "Listen...I-I'm sorry Halo...I was just...the jealousy and..." Vox coughed again and laid his head back. "After another person I...cared deeply about gone...I was gonna just shut down Vox Industries for good...go hide out in another ring or some s-shit ya know? But..." he moved his head in my direction. He hasn't used that nickname for me in years...I squeezed his hand urging him to continue. "Who did this?" I asked again. "Who do you think? Out of all of hell?" He chuckled in pain. That's what he was planning when he disappeared for months.

"Alastor" Lucifer said under a growl. Adam looked between all of us. "Of fucking course, he took advantage of Vox being vulnerable and swooped in" he threw his hands up. "But this was sloppy, usually Alastor is very cut clean, this was personal for him more than he wished...potentially leaving his victim to survive is definitely not in Alastor's MO" I said, still holding Vox's hand. "We gotta move you..." I threw my pack down and dug for my first aid kit. "We seriously taking him in?" Adam looked at me with a charged look, I can see every emotion in those bright golden eyes. There was a brief silence between us before he sighed coming over to help me.

Lucifer soon joined us, helping me patch Vox up as Adam held him up for support. We managed to patch him up to at least be able to move him. "Let's take him to the hotel" Lucifer looked up at me. I hummed in thought and glanced at Adam. Probably would be the better option...considering Adam's feeling about this move. "Call Charlie, give Angel and Husk a heads up as well...make sure that smiling shitbag isn't there..." I muttered as Lucifer went to call his daughter. "Why? Why are you even bothering?" Vox muttered as Adam held him up. "We were best friends once...you got power hungry...I became your toy then a friend...like the other Vees...you got jealous that I moved on...I was Lucifer's lap dog...I still helped you cause I thought..." I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. "I thought we could go back to being friends, you hurt a lot of fucking people Voxxy...and why not redeem yourself as that you have nothing left...I still have a soft spot I guess" I shifted my weight and Vox just looks up at me.

"We're in the clear for the hotel Ace" Lucifer came back placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and snapped open a portal into the hotel lobby. Lucifer went through first, then Adam carrying Vox, then me. Charlie came up to us along with Vaggie. "Guys, you can put him up on the 6th floor, it's quiet and that way we can get him the right medical treatment..." she smiled a little. "He better not try anything" Vaggie huffed and Adam just looked at her in a 'Don't worry he won't' way, which made her relax.

Angel and Husk stared from the bar. I walked over to them and Angel shook his head, "You seriously think this is a good idea?" "He's got nothing...only thing left is redemption" I shrugged and sighed. "You felt bad" Husk says flatly. "Maybe I do what of it, we've been close for years..." I glanced at Husk before looking back at Angel. "Don't worry, I made sure with Charlie to keep him out of range from everyone especially you both..." I placed a hand on Angel's shoulder and he nodded. "Sure thing Ace" I hugged him briefly before rejoining Lucifer and Adam. "Okay let's get him settled, I'll go scouting the tower for parts to help him, Lucifer can watch over him while I'm gone, got it?" I clapped my hands and everyone nodded.

We got Vox settled in the room Charlie assigned him. Lucifer came over to me and took my hand. "You sure you're okay?" He asked and I let out a breath "I dunno yet...please keep Adam away from him..." I looked at him with begging eyes. "I don't need more bloodshed in Charlie's hotel..." Lucifer leaned up kissing me strongly. "Will do dear, be safe" he smiled as he went to watch Vox. Adam was shooed out and crossed his arms. I came over and ruffled his hair. "Behave please? For me?" I said softly. "I know...I will" he muttered before heading downstairs. I took a strained breath and snapped a portal back to Vox tower.