Chapter 8

[Cha Yeowoon's POV]

The fierce yet sensitive-looking face reminded Cha Yeowoon of cats and carnivores. When those sharp eyes found him, they softened and became round, with the deep-colored irises shaking slightly. Cha Yeowoon flinched and raised his hand. Should he say hello? But before he could wave his hand, Tae Myeongha ran straight out to the other side of the hallway.

"What?" Cha Yeowoon muttered softly.

"Why did he run away just now...?" He was dumbfounded.

What happened? What was going on with Tae Myeongha? Avoiding him as soon as he saw his face? Was it because he had sent Tak Jungyeong to apologize? What the hell?

"Ha..." He gritted his teeth and kicked off the ground.

Cha Yeowoon, with a personal best of 10.17 seconds in the 100m, was the fastest active runner in the high school track and field team. Gold medalist in the Men's National Athletic Championship 100m and 200m, and the winner of the National Track and Field 100m. An 18-year-old sprinter, often referred to as the future star of short-distance running in South Korea, crossed the hallway. Despite the hallway not being his usual track and the students had become obstacles, he was overwhelmingly fast.

Tae Myeongha widened his eyes when he looked behind his back. The distance had already narrowed considerably.

"Hey, don't run in the hallway! Stop chasing me!"

"So why are you running away?"

"I can't be near you right now!"

What the hell was Tae Myeongha saying? It sounded like nonsense. The figure of Tae Myeongha running down the stairs without looking back made Cha Yeowoon impatient. Tae Myeongha's back was quickly becoming distant as he held onto the railing and slid down to the floor below. Cha Yeowoon unconsciously jumped after Tae Myeongha.

Just as his foot was about to come off the stairs, something grabbed at his ankle. A cold, gripping sensation, like a hand, sent shivers down his spine. His balance was lost in an instant. His head tilted forward and the floor drew nearer. Aware that he was falling, he braced for the impact.

And then...

"That's why I told you not to chase me." Cha Yeowoon felt firm arms embracing him.

Tae Myeongha, the sunbae he had only seen from behind, now stood directly in front of him with a piercing gaze. His thoughts briefly froze when he realized their position. Tae Myeongha, who carefully supported the stiffened Cha Yeowoon, suddenly knelt down in front of him. Cha Yeowoon's mind, which was about to recover, stopped again.

"Are you hurt? Did you twist your ankle? Does it hurt?"

Tae Myeongha rolled up Cha Yeowoon's pants leg and gently held his ankle. There was a sharp static electricity where his hand touched. Cha Yeowoon pulled his foot away.

"Enough, get up."

As Cha Yeowoon felt his ears heating up, he bit his lips. Although Tae Myeongha had been told to get up, he still seemed genuinely worried about Cha Yeowoon's ankle.

"Tell me why you ran away."

Tae Myeongha raised his head and looked up at Cha Yeowoon.