Chapter 35

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

Cha Yeowoon, who had been quiet, suddenly interrupted the conversation. Maybe we were talking too animatedly, just Ahn Sia and me. I belatedly felt embarrassed.

"Yes. We're close." Ahn Sia responded cheerfully.

Cha Yeowoon was far from lively when he heard it. "How close?"

What kind of question was that? It wasn't like we needed to divide our closeness into scores.

Ahn Sia, seemingly bewildered, suddenly turned toward me while looking amused. "I don't know. Oppa, how close are we?"

"I don't know either. Let's say we're quite close."

"Are you closer to her than me?"

What was wrong with every question that Cha Yeowoon asked? It felt as if we were in a situation where one needed to raise their hands to show who was closer in front of the parties involved.

"Hey. Childish."

"I'm curious too. Between us, who's closer?"

Ahn Sia tapped my foot under the table. I knew what the signal was just by looking at her raised lips as if she was dying of laughter. The idea was to roughly match the rhythm of Cha Yeowoon. It seemed he was the only one taking this kind of question seriously in this situation. Cha Yeowoon. A childish guy that contradicted his appearance.

"...I guess I'm closer to Yeowoon." I answered.

"Ah! Too sad!" Ahn Sia sighed, lamenting in a sad tone.

"I'm less close to my oppa Myeongha than Cha Yeowoon, so can I get your autograph?"

After checking Cha Yeowoon's relaxed facial muscles, she picked up a box containing running shoes and a marker she had left on a chair. Contrary to Cha Yeowoon's hesitation, her movements continued like water as she opened the box and held out the marker to motion for an autograph. Despite only being 18 years old, she was sociable and savvy. I hoped Cha Yeowoon could take after her slightly.

"Can I just call you Yeowoon? We're the same age like oppa said."

"No."

"Okay, Yeowoon. Please take care of me too." Ahn Sia casually brushed off Cha Yeowoon's refusal and put the shoebox into her bag. Cha Yeowoon had attempted to speak, but was dismissed before he could reply.

"You guys are playing better than I thought. I didn't need to interfere."

"I've never played. Sunbae, when are you leaving?"

"What's that way of talking? Are you planning to leave as soon as you sit down? The coffee hasn't even arrived yet."

"Right. I'll buy you coffee as a thank-you for the autograph." Ahn Sia quickly responded.

Cha Yeowoon seemed displeased, but he stayed put when he saw I wasn't making any move to leave. Anyway, Ahn Sia, despite being a big fan, didn't seem particularly upset or bothered by Cha Yeowoon, who kept his mouth shut and seemed occupied with other thoughts.

Instead, she enthusiastically talked about subjects she had wanted to discuss with him. "So! Short distance is all about power. How fast can you accelerate? Athlete Cha Yeowoon, you can explode in an instant!"

Bang!

Ahn Sia exclaimed, hitting the table. She seemed like the type who expressed herself physically when she was excited.

"During those moments, it feels like even the surrounding air changes."

"I felt that too. It does feel that way."