Chapter 43

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Hey." I barely caught Cheon Sangwon's forehead before our lips touched. "Can't you do it with good manners?"

As I tried to pull him away, he held on with all his might. He was even straining his neck. What was he going to do with his lips like this?

"Dump me, but let me kiss you, please."

"Why would I let you kiss me if you're being dumped? Korean dramas have ruined children these days. Can't you let me go?"

"I haven't let go at all, just do it once."

"Sangwon, I've told you. It'll hurt if you get hit by me."

I was caught in a power struggle while being led in one direction. I was pushing hard, but it wasn't easy to push him away because he was hugging me and pushing me with all his might. Eventually, my back was pushed against a tree. The branches shook because I was hit hard. The thick leaves made a wavelike noise.

Cheon Sangwon was looking at me with a face that could be described as crazy or lunatic, as if he was about to devour me. While looking down at me, even the whites of his eyes were clearly visible. It was the madness of a guy who suddenly confessed and started with his lips. Oh, that was really...I was getting angry.

"Stop, I said stop, stop."

Slap. Slap. Slap.

I applied strength to my palm and struck his forehead three times in a row. He backed down and held his head. It must have hurt, considering he had stumbled and even fell down.

"Are you crazy? I thought my head was going to split open."

"So don't try to force something on someone who doesn't like you."

"It hurts like hell."

Of course, that was because I had just hit him. When I saw tears in his eyes as he looked up at me, I worried if I had hit him too hard. However, I quickly came to my senses. Words alone didn't work on this guy.

"I get that you're in a bad mood because of Seulgi, but if you try this kind of thing again, I'll go straight to the police station for sexual harassment. Take care of your dog. Got it?"

"...I wish I was Cha Yeowoon." Cheon Sangwon, holding his head, mumbled.

"Why are you talking about Yeowoon again?"

"Would you have pulled me away if I was Cha Yeowoon?" Cheon Sangwon stood up with his knees straight and fixed his gaze squarely on me.

I was taken aback. Not because of him, but because of what he had just said. In my dream, I couldn't bring myself to push Cha Yeowoon away.

"Tell me straight. It can't be me yet, or does it have to be Cha Yeowoon? Is there a chance for me?"

"There's no such thing."

"Why?"

Why? The answer was too clear.

"I'm not in a situation to date anyone right now."

With the possibility of disappearing before the graduation ceremony, I had no time to concern myself with dating. I couldn't explain it, and it was driving me crazy.

"I can wait until you'll change your mind."

"That situation won't come, so stop it."

"Are you going out with Cha Yeowoon?"

"Why are you so persistent? Why keep bringing up Cha Yeowoon?"

"Because you made that face earlier...!" Cheon Sangwon's voices grew louder. He glared at me as if blaming me. "Because you only make that face when Cha Yeowoon is mentioned."