Chapter 51

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Why?" Once on the street, Cha Yeowoon grabbed my hand again.

That time, I couldn't pull away. Whether faced with a tiger in its den or dropped in front of a guy I had only read about in a novel, I would survive if I kept my composure. However, I wasn't able to regain it. In half a year, I would no longer be by Cha Yeowoon's side. He didn't know that, of course. So, there was no space for dating.

"And with someone 11 years younger than me..." I murmured to myself.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. You're cute."

Perhaps my answer was unsatisfactory, but Cha Yeowoon furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me with intensity. I avoided his gaze, I urged him to keep walking. He reluctantly looked ahead. That day, neither he nor I headed to the bus stop.

"We're going to the movies today."

"Ehm."

We had decided to go watch a movie. The movie theater was located in a shopping center near the school and was about a 20-minute walk. In the midst of that crazy situation, my body was steadily following the standard dating steps. And, Cha Yeowoon, with moist eyes, had cautiously asked if I wanted to see a movie, so I couldn't say no.

What could I say to a child who seemed to have it written on his forehead that the basis of a first date was a movie? It was probably his first date proposal.

Cha Yeowoon pulled out the tickets we had reserved in advance from the ticketing machine. The movie title was written in the largest font on the ticket.

"Why did you choose this one?"

The movie seemed the furthest from romance. Refraining from giving the answer I couldn't bring myself to say, I chose my words carefully.

"I've always... liked these kinds of movies." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Zombie gorillas?" Cha Yeowoon asked.

Right. That was the name of the movie we planned to watch. Vibes could be felt from the title, completely in contrast with the atmosphere of what two lovebirds who had just started dating would choose. I had become a guy with a somewhat maniacal taste. Perhaps it would be for the best if Cha Yeowoon found that off-putting.

"So? I like zombie gorillas."

"Cute." Cha Yeowoon seemed to like even those distinctive tastes.

What was I supposed to do when he saw everything in a positive light?

"What kind of movies do you like?" I asked him instead.

"Movies I can watch with you, Sunbae."

"From now on, it's forbidden to answer my questions like that."

"But it's true. I haven't watched many movies. I've only seen the dramas my grandmother watched."

"So, you're into morning dramas, Cha Yeowoon?"

"People die and come back to life in those too, but it's not a gorilla, so it might not be to your taste, Sunbae."

"It's not that I only like gorillas that die and come back to life. What type of popcorn do you want?"

"Original."

"I'll have onion. Let's get half and half."

We quickly bought popcorn and soda and sat down in the movie theater. Perhaps due to the crazy nature of the movie, there weren't many people seated.