Chapter 59

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

[Cha Yeowoon] : What is it?

I bit my lip, thinking about how to reply.

[Tae Myeongha] : Too

The plan to respond less awkwardly as possible had failed. The distance between 'Me' and 'Too' seemed as vast as that between my neighborhood and Boeun County.

Cha Yeowoon, who had been responding as fast as the speeding car, fell silent for a moment. My embarrassment crept in. Why did my hands have to slip?

[Cha Yeowoon] : Did you mean "you too"?

It was a confirmation kill...In that kind of situation, admitting it, would have caused less embarrassment?

[Tae Myeongha] : Yes~

[Cha Yeowoon] : Cute

Was it cute?

[Cha Yeowoon] : Sunbae, do you miss me too?

Why bring up the topic again? I contemplated my response. How about just an 'Uh huh'?

[Tae Myeongha] : ㅇ

I messed up. The thought of changing my phone or fingers crossed my mind. Although it was Cha Yeowoon, honestly it was...

[Cha Yeowoon] : Cute

[Cha Yeowoon] : Send one more

[Tae Myeongha] : ??

[Cha Yeowoon] : Sunbae, your messages

[Cha Yeowoon] : It's really is cute

"Crazy."

An expletive slipped out unintentionally. Ahn Gyeonghun looked at me in surprise from the side.

"It's nothing." I hastily said and flipped my phone over as if nothing had happened. I wasn't as bothered by the speeding car as I was earlier.

Ahn Gyeonghun was still engrossed in his phone, but I couldn't bring myself to flip back my phone. Indeed, dating was very difficult.

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"It's my first time here, and it's surprisingly quiet."

As we approached Boeun County, where the competition was held, the prominence of farmland increased. Large cars were parked next to long greenhouses, and buildings were scattered here and there. In the background, mountains unfolded. The surroundings of the stadium in Hwaseong were somewhat desolate, but here it was even more so. The lodging was separated from the apartments and academy districts, giving it a more notable secluded feeling.

"Wow, there really seems to be nothing here." Choi Jinseo commented.

After parking at the lodging, I continued with my thoughts. Cha Yeowoon had mentioned that he used to stay at the training camp. It was a perfect place to focus on training. The lodging we had decided to stay in was a simple and tidy building. The 'hotel' didn't look like one. There were a few similar places nearby.

"Do you regret coming with us?" Ahn Sia asked Choi Jinseo while pulling out her luggage from the trunk of the car.

"No. Since I've achieved my goal." Choi Jinseo, who had been scanning the surroundings, pointed at me.

"I drove to see Mister Tae Myeongha."

When I was suddenly pointed out, confusion took the forefront. Me? Unlike me, who was perplexed, Ahn Gyeonghun and Ahn Sia were silent, appearing as though they were well aware of everything.