Chapter 45

[Cha Yeowoon's POV]

[Seokyeong Forest is next to your school. Are you perhaps fighting with Sangwon? He always picks fights with anyone. Just ignore him.] Ahn Sia added.

It should be a dispute Cha Yeowoon could ignore. He tucked his phone into his pocket and continued running. Ahn Sia's home was near the school. It was less than four stops away. The upscale apartment complex hinted at why it was named Forest. There was a lush garden surrounding the buildings.

Entering the meticulously landscaped park, climbing roses in June could be seen. The scent of lilacs stung his nose. Walking as if being absorbed into the verdant surroundings, he lamented. He had forgotten to ask for the building and apartment number. The buildings were tall in floors, with considerable distance between them.

When he took out his phone to ask for the address, he realized that the battery had run out. It must have worn out quickly from the constant checking. Despite having stared at it all this time, he hadn't properly checked how much battery was left; that was how absorbed he was.

He cursed. Of all times, it had to happen now. Standing beneath a branch spread with green fruits, he scanned the paths leading to the buildings. At a time like that, if he was Tae Myeongha... No matter where he was, he could easily find him. If only he could do that too. Even among a hundred people or just one among a thousand. Even in the most complicated streets, if he could run in the direction where he was.

"Cha Yeowoon!" Cha Yeowoon's ears rang.

As that person neared, his heart began to beat at a different pace. His view spun around. Life reversed course.

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Do you really want to die?" Checking my phone records, I gritted my teeth.

Because of Cha Yeowoon, I haven't been able to sleep well lately. I couldn't even get a wink of sleep last night. I was so tired that I dozed off for a moment while waiting at the veterinarian. Truly just for a moment. Not even five minutes.

I shouldn't have done that with someone whose hobby was to cause trouble and accidents. Who would have thought that someone would do something mischievous with someone else's phone in that short period of time? The reason we were having a confrontation in front of the veterinarian with Seulgi, who had just been discharged, was all Cheon Sangwon's fault.

"Your sleeping face is so cute that I took a picture to show it to him."

"Bullshit." It was clearly nonsense. According to the records, a phone call came from Cha Yeowoon around the time the photo was sent. "What did you say on the phone?"

"Let's be friends from now on."

When I glared at Cheon Sangwon, he covered his forehead. "I'll let it go because of Seulgi. Do you have a hobby of repaying kindness with betrayal?"

"I just wanted to be friends with someone in the same situation, really."

"This ends here." I slapped Cheon Sangwon's forehead with the back of my hand. It must have hurt because he recoiled with a jump. This guy was surprisingly prone to exaggeration. "Don't hurt Cha Yeowoon."

"Wow. You really kick people when they're down." Cheon Sangwon smiled dryly as he loosened his grip. The sound seemed forced. His expression, fully revealed, was far from smiling.

"I told him to come to my place."

"You...Go home with Seulgi."

"Cha Yeowoon is coming here, where are you going?"