Chapter 24

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"These came out recently. Hey, which color do you think is better, Oppa?"

"I don't know what color Cha Yeowoon likes."

From the novel, all I remembered were Cha Yeowoon's cheesy and sweet comments saying he liked whatever the protagonist liked.

"If you don't know, oppa, just choose the one that you think will look good on him."

Was that okay? I pondered, but I chose blue. Because it was my favorite color. I thought any color would suit Cha Yeowoon.

"Oh, I think blue would suit him."

"To be honest, I think any color would look good on him."

"That's a valid point. He has a beautiful face."

Was I right to feel pleased that I shared the same opinion as one of Cha Yeowoon's fans? I made up my mind and pulled out cash to pay. Ahn Sia beside me watched as the shoes were wrapped.

"Oppa, Did you and Cha Yeowoon know each other from before?"

"Not really. Why?"

"It seems unusual for someone to go this far."

"..."

"Anyway, he'll probably like it when he receives it." Ahn Sia smiled brightly.

I hoped so. Despite returning home with the shoes I had carefully chosen, I still had deep concerns. Was this going overboard? Receiving expensive track and field shoes from a sunbae they had just met at the beginning of the semester. It was strange. Unless I had borrowed money from my late grandmother or something.

[ Mission: Make Cha Yeowoon happy. ]

[ Penalty: Death ]

But of course, I had my reason. Worry boiled like a swarm of ants on my forehead. What was done was done. Thinking about it would only give me a headache.

[Tae Myeongha] : Yeowoon it's urgent

[Tae Myeongha] : I have to tell you something

[Tae Myeongha] : It's urgent..really

[Tae Myeongha] : See you at school

I sent these texts early before going to bed. Whether Cha Yeowoon replied or not, it was already out of my hands. Of course, waking up, checking and seeing that I had been ignored, I wanted to flick his forehead.

After working night shifts for several days and saving up diligently, I had split the money in half, giving half to my grandmother and using the other half to buy the shoes. I had even asked one of my friends for help. I thought all off this effort should show my sincerity?

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

Today was the day to finally hand over the carefully chosen track and field shoes. As I left the classroom and headed for the 2nd year student's hallway, I clenched my fists as if I was going to a match. I firmly held the shoebox against my side. No matter how much Cha Yeowoon tried to avoid me today, I was determined not to let him escape.

[ 3m to Love Supremacy Zone. ]

In fact, it was simple to find him with my near-fraudulent ability. I had been letting him off the hook the past few days because he had been avoiding me so desperately.

"Cha Yeowoon."

Cha Yeowoon, who was climbing up the stairs, stopped with his hand on the railing.

"You don't even answer?"