Chapter 61

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"The road to your lodging. I'm walking along that road."

[Up or down?]

"The direction we went during the day."

[I'll be right there.]

As soon as the call disconnected, silence fell. The night road, without a car in sight, was quiet and eerie. Sensing a noise, I stopped, but the surroundings were still silent. Then, across from me there was a rustling sound of trees.

[ Entering Love Supremacy Zone. ]

I felt relieved when the alarm appeared. It was indeed Cha Yeowoon.

"Cha Yeowoon, why are you coming from that way?"

He didn't come from his lodging? The moment I was about to cross the road, someone grabbed my shoulder. "Ah!"

I was so startled that I almost fell. When I scrambled to check behind me and stumbled, a familiar large hand supported my back.

"It's me. Why are you so surprised?"

"Cha Yeowoon?"

It was Cha Yeowoon supporting me.

"I thought you were coming from the other side and got startled. Oh, my heart."

Cha Yeowoon, who confirmed that I was standing properly, loosened his arms and covered my chest with his palm. "You're right. It's beating very fast."

The entire part pressed by his palm seemed to be pounding. My heart throbbed without any sign of calming down.

"Rather than that, are you allowed to walk around at night? What does the coach say?" While talking, I naturally moved away from Cha Yeowoon's hand. Lately, I had been acting as if I was running away, yet I thought staying still in such situations would overload my heart.

"I sneaked out."

"Go back."

"I can't sleep because I keep thinking of the lodging right across."

That, of course, Cha Yeowoon was talking about me. He knew how to say words that itched. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him walking, illuminated by the moonlight. Why did the faint moonlight seem like a spotlight shining solely on him? Even if he wasn't the protagonist in the novel, he stood out as if he was.

"How far are we going?" Cha Yeowoon stopped.

We were right under a streetlight. Spherical lights resembling the moon were floating on the ground. It was a night so quiet that even the cries of bugs couldn't be heard. Perhaps I just wasn't hearing them. My attention was solely on Cha Yeowoon. The shadows in the honey-colored light overlapped into one. I wanted a closer look. The tips of our sneakers touched, and the remaining distance was barely an inch. Cha Yeowoon staggered in surprise at the unexpected contact. He was rather brazen when taking the initiative but would stiffen once the situation was reversed.

"You're really pretty." I said.

It was a sincere admiration. Eyes, nose, mouth, hair...Everything was perfect.

Cha Yeowoon's face flared. "Sunbae, you too..." It seemed like Cha Yeowoon was about to say something, but I couldn't resist and took out my phone.

"Just a moment. The moonlight is perfect now."

"...Can't you do that later?"

"Three seconds."

Cha Yeowoon counted the seconds bitterly. Of course, I frantically took pictures of him during those 3 seconds.