Chapter 29

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Tae Myeongha! You punk. Why didn't you come to school yesterday?"

It was my homeroom teacher. I had heard teachers could get into big trouble these days if they hit the students, so why was I being physically disciplined like when I was back in school? If I wasn't at fault, I might have felt like I was being indicted.

"I was sick." Instead of complaining to my homeroom teacher, I responded politely. Of course, he didn't show me the same courtesy.

"Look at yourself, punk. Is that the face of someone who was sick?"

"I was really sick yesterday."

"Ahn Gyeonghun! Don't hang out with this child. You'll end up just like him."

The homeroom teacher, after receiving Ahn Gyeonghun's awkward smile, left the classroom as quickly as he came. Not just me, but a few other students who were fooling around in the classroom had also received warnings for being late and not in uniform. It was strange. The homeroom teacher saying this to me was one thing, but there was a noticeable cautiousness in his attitude toward Ahn Gyeonghun.

Was it because it was an unexpected behavior? Was it because he was doing well in his studies? Curiosities came to mind for a moment and then quickly became dull. Regardless, I didn't want to bother Ahn Gyeonghun.

Anyway, was this what people meant when they would say it wasn't their day? I couldn't bring up the topic of studying for the exam with Cha Yeowoon even by lunchtime. Another interruptor appeared after my homeroom teacher.

"I heard you're setting up Ahn Sia and Cha Yeowoon?" First, Cheon Sangwon, the interrupter among the interrupters. My seat in the class had become his nest.

"You heard that? Why on earth is Sia friends with a delinquent like you?"

"Where do you see me as a delinquent? Hyung, it's you who looks like one of them."

"Look in the mirror. You look like a complete delinquent. It's ironic coming from a guy who rides a motorcycle."

"But at least when I'm around, Tak Junho doesn't bother you anymore. Aren't you grateful?"

"Yeah. I just want to be bothered."

Unbeknownst to me who was listening to Cheon Sangwon's chatter in one ear and exchanging texts with Cha Yeowoon about going home together... The fact that all of that was all just a prelude.

"You weren't here when I came looking for you yesterday, Tae Myeongha." I did say that I would rather be bothered by Tak Junho, but I didn't mean that literally.

Ba-dum–

As I looked at Tak Junho, who had appeared before my eyes as if such a sound effect befitted him, I pondered the words of the wise sage. Be careful what you wish for because it might just come true. I should be more careful with what I say from now on.

"I was sick yesterday."

"Sick?"

"Yeah, sick. Why didn't you come visit me in the hospital?"

I counted the number of delinquents who had walked through the back door of the classroom. Tak Junho, and about four in the back? As five male students with hardened expressions poured in, the classroom felt more congested.

"I apologize for not visiting you while you were sick. Do you want me to hospitalize you again? I'll come this time."

"You don't have to go that far. I've resolved things with Jungyeong last time, so what's wrong with you, Junho?"