Chapter 30

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

Apparently, it was someone else who had been ignoring my texts for days. While I wasn't checking my phone, texts from Cha Yeowoon had accumulated. I thought back to the Cha Yeowoon I knew from the novel. It seemed like he showed a completely different attitude toward someone he favored to someone he didn't. Was this the advantage of having gained his fondness?

[Tae Myeongha] : Cleaning~

[Cha Yeowoon] : You're not in the classroom?

He had never answered so quickly before. After diligently avoiding him all this time, now he had come all the way to the classroom to find me.

[Tae Myeongha] : I'm in the teachers' office

[Tae Myeongha] : Almost done

[Tae Myeongha] : Where are you?

My punishment for being caught at the scene with Tak Junho was to clean the teachers' office.
Despite the harsh nagging and the subtle threat of calling my grandmother if I did it again, somehow the punishment was after school cleaning. This was all possible because Ahn Gyeonghun had advocated hard with the homeroom teacher on my behalf. I heard that the school now hired cleaning services, so why was our teachers' office so dirty? Were the teachers that dirty? I lamented as I organized the cleaning supplies.

[ Entering Love Supremacy Zone. ]

Ah, it was Cha Yeowoon.

[Cha Yeowoon] : On my way to the teachers' office

[Cha Yeowoon] : The 3rd year teachers' office?

[Tae Myeongha] : Yeah, but I'm leaving now

As I was leaving the room, engrossed in my phone, a shadow appeared right in front of me.

"Is practice already over?"

When I raised my head, I saw a handsome guy. Maybe I had been staring at Tak Junho's face for too long. Suddenly, I realized how beautiful Cha Yeowoon's features were. Right, sometimes it was necessary to see the ugly to appreciate the beautiful...

"What is it?" Cha Yeowoon's face was distorted.

He was staring at me with a piercing gaze. I hadn't done anything wrong, but I faltered for a moment. Why again? Wasn't our mood improving? What was wrong with him?

"Why..."

Before I could ask Cha Yeowoon what was wrong, he grabbed my chin. "What's wrong with your face?"

What was I supposed to say to that? Cha Yeowoon's expression was so grave that I wondered if something serious had happened.

"Battle scar."

"Did you get into a fight?"

"Not really. Just played around a bit."

"How did you play to get your cheek swollen like this?" It wasn't that swollen. Cha Yeowoon touched the other side of my face worriedly.

"Ouch."

There was a stinging sensation. It didn't hurt much when I was hit. But I wasn't made of iron, so it would be strange to be fine after getting punched in the face.

"Who did this?"

"There's a reason for it. You don't need to know." I tried to brush it off lightly, but the atmosphere didn't ease up.

"Why do you never give a straight answer to things like this?"

"When did I not answer you properly? What does it matter?"