Chapter 25

[Cha Yeowoon's POV]

Cha Yeowoon, looking at Cheon Sangwon, had a grim expression. In his ears, there was a sound like a strong rope being snapped. Anyway, there was nothing more to lose and nothing to protect. Now, there was no grandmother, no record to fall. Track and field? Suspension? So what?

His head clicked and blackened for a moment. His arms tightened. By the time he came to his senses, his hand was already up. If he swung it like this, it would hit Cheon Sangwon's chin. Adrenaline circulated through his brain, causing his veins to swell. Then came the sensation of a sudden plunge fluctuating in his stomach. The fist that had been raised and was about to strike was caught.

"Don't." A voice that couldn't be resisted awakened Cha Yeowoon. "What are you doing at school, both of you?"

Tae Myeongha pulled Cha Yeowoon's arm back and then released it as if pushing him away. Next, he grabbed Cheon Sangwon, mirroring his actions with Cha Yeowoon, but this time pulling him closer.

"Sunbae."

Cha Yeowoon unconsciously approached Tae Myeongha. He felt like he had to explain himself. It wasn't what he had intended. He didn't want to disappoint Tae Myeongha.

"Don't come closer."

There was no time for an explanation. Tae Myeongha shook Cha Yeowoon away sharply like a knife. He didn't even make eye contact.

"Don't follow me, Cha Yeowoon." Tae Myeongha said sharply before holding onto Cheon Sangwon and disappearing down the stairs.

As they left, he told the students who had gathered to move aside. Cheon Sangwon, who had been watching Cha Yeowoon, seemed to faintly smile. Cha Yeowoon, left behind at the end of the hallway, stood still. He couldn't even blink his eyes properly. Tae Myeongha's back was no longer visible.

He picked up the box that had fallen to the floor. The already crumpled corner was now severely deformed and unassuming. Carefully opening the box, several vitamin candies rolled around the white padding paper. It was obvious who had put them there. His face flushed, and tears welled up in his eyes. He closed the box as if closing his eyes.

The bell for class rang. However, he couldn't easily return to class. He hated it. He really, really hated it. As he repeated to himself, he tightly embraced the box with all his strength. The tough paper crumpled in his arms, and he could vaguely feel the shape of the shoes inside. The messy box pierced his chest painfully, but he didn't let go of his arms.

Too much, too much, he hated it.

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

I was doomed. That was the only thought that came to mind. Negative 99 fondness? Even toward the people on the field that day, Cha Yeowoon's fondness was never that low. Except for himself, of course.

He currently liked me exactly 1 point more than he liked himself. In other words, he hated me almost as much as he hated himself. After organizing my thoughts, I became depressed. What was the problem?

"Hyung, are you working today?" While lost in thought, a tactless guy grabbed my shoulder from behind.

"Go away." I struggled to shake off Cheon Sangwon.

Even when I was just sitting in the classroom, he would come and bother me at every chance and make my life very difficult.

"Let's go together if you're going to the studio. I'll give you a ride."

"Shut up No-License. Gyeonghun, isn't there any rule about unauthorized entry for non-employees in the studio?"

"I'm an employee, so there isn't."