Chapter 9

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

Again, it was hard to completely dismiss it as mere baseless rumors, as there were about seven of them who came. That was what it seemed like. It was maybe back when I was in my 3rd year of middle school.

"I guess you could say I won."

There was a fight. It wasn't anything remarkable, just the usual scuffles among children our age. It ended quickly because the security guard came before anything could happen. Still, could I say I had won since I had managed to knock down at least three of them? Back then, I was overflowing with youthful vigor.

[Did you win against Jungyeong too?"]

Did he wanted to know if I I had hit him? I scratched the back of my head wondering what to say. No matter how you look at it, how could I beat a child? Of course, I couldn't claim that I had convinced him with words alone. It was true that I had unintentionally intimidated him.

"What's with all the winning and losing talk?"

[Then why would Jungyeong apologize to me? The other guys only talk about how good their sunbae is at fighting.]

"They're always talking about fights. With several dan ranks I can at least handle high school students. There's something called experience that comes with age."

I had 10 years of experience, and it would be really unreasonable to put me in the same conversation as a teenager. Furthermore, I now had the fitness of a 19-year-old.

[Sunbae, you are  only a year older than me but you keep talking about the difference in age.]

"Just wait until you're in your 3rd year of high school. There's a big difference."

Although I had passed it off nonchalantly, Cha Yeowoon made a disgruntled noise. It was strangely cute how he pouted.

[If you're not going to give me a straight answer, fine. I'm going to sleep.]

"Cha Yeowoon, are you upset?"

[I need to go to bed early for training in the morning.]

It hadn't even been a few days since the award, but he seemed to be returning to training right away. It was natural for an athlete to lose form if they took a week off, but nevertheless, I felt sorry for him.

"Take it easy. Try to take care of your body."

[...You're talking like a grandmother even in moments like this.]

"What? Hey, what do you mean grandmother..."

Before I could properly protest, the call was abruptly disconnected.

"Ah, this kid."

While mumbling about the disconnected call, a response came from somewhere else.

[ Calculating Cha Yeowoon's fondness. ]

All of a sudden... Nevertheless, when the alarm sounded, my expectations rose. Really? Maybe? Last time, it jumped from negative 20 to negative 10 in one shot, so would it suddenly go to zero now? Then we could start going to school together starting tomorrow.