Chapter 19

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Photography assistant. Carrying equipment and cameras on scene?"

"Uh, ehm. Mostly studio shoots, but hey, there's also outdoor shoots."

"Is it paid daily? How much?"

"Well, $115."

"That's fine. I'll do it."

After asking Ahn Gyeonghun about the arrangements, it turned out the boss who would be hiring me was his younger sister. She needed a photography assistant and porter for an online shopping mall. The conditions seemed better than I expected.

"Have you done this kind of work before?" My potential employer asked right away.

It wasn't a common job for a high school student, so my willingness to do it without questioning probably seemed suspicious. Unlike Ahn Gyeonghun, Ahn Sia seemed skeptical. She was somewhat similar to Cha Yeowoon.

"What, this kind of work?"

When I was doing everything from delivery to working part-time at a restaurant, it was hard to imagine me not popping in and out of a broadcasting station. It was unlikely to be much different from being a crew member at a broadcasting station or a studio.

"Unless you have an introduction like this, they usually don't hire minors, you know?"

"Do I look that young to you? Hold on, let me take this call." My phone suddenly vibrated, even though there shouldn't be any calls at this time.

To my surprise, it was from Cha Yeowoon. Cha Yeowoon? At this hour? What was going on? I decided to answer because I didn't think the call would last long.

"Hey, Yeowoon. Have you eaten?" I greeted Cha Yeowoon, and suddenly, Ahn Sia, who was sitting in front of me, widened her eyes.

It didn't stop there; as she leaned against the table, the glasses rattled. She seemed like she wanted to say something but nevertheless remained silent. What was going on with her? I wanted to ask, but I didn't want to end the call and check on her.

[Are you talking about food as soon as I called? I have already eaten. How about you?]

"Koreans love their meals. I plan to go home and eat after this. Are you resting? By the way, you didn't go for weekend practice, did you? You collapsed yesterday."

Ahn Sia, who was on the verge of rushing toward me, was heaving her shoulders up and down. Ahn Gyeonghun appeared to be trying to calm her down. Seriously, what was going on?

[What does you think of me, sunbae? I didn't go. I'll rest at home.]

"Good. Good idea. Take a good rest."

[By the way, when is the appointment... No, never mind. Sunbae, please rest too.]

The call was cut off before I could respond. Did he want to ask when the appointment would end? He should have finished his sentence, this brat.

"Do you know Cha Yeowoon?" As soon as I put my phone down, Ahn Sia rushed toward me. If she was any more excited I thought she would have jumped over the table.

"Sia, c-calm down..."

"Are you close with Cha Yeowoon? Do you know each other personally?" Ahn Sia kept mentioning Cha Yeowoon's name incessantly. I was dumbfounded.

"That's right, but... Why? Your oppa goes to the same school as Yeowoon."

Judging by the fact that Cha Yeowoon was an athlete, was Ahn Sia perhaps a fan? Then shouldn't she have asked Ahn Gyeonghun, not me?