Chapter 16

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

The line was cut off despite my urgency. When I tried calling back, all I heard was the busy signal.
I hope nothing really happened. As soon as I anxiously entered the elevator, someone pressed the button for the 1st floor before I could.

"What are you doing?" Of all the people to share the elevator with. Cheon Sangwon grinned as he took his finger off the button.

"I'm going there too."

"Where?"

"To Cha Yeowoon's home."

Was he crazy?

"You're not close to Yeowoon."

"No? We're close." His shameless answer didn't even provoke a laugh from me. At least make it sound believable, you brat.

"Don't follow me."

As soon as the elevator doors opened, a familiar window appeared in front of me.

[ Sub-Mission: Find Cha Yeowoon a friend. ]

What kind of nonsense was this? Why was this showing up now? And in front of the least suitable guy. I frowned at the transparent window, but it didn't disappear and continued to stare back at me.

It felt forced. An unpleasant speculation rears its ugly head. I quietly considered whether this message window could have some personality or emotions. How else could it have appeared at just the right time, just like prior?

"Hyung Myeongha." Cheon Sangwon, who must have thought I was annoyed by my empty gaze at the message window, spoke in a gentler tone. "How are we going to Cha Yeowoon's place?"

"By bus, you brat."

"I'll give you a ride."

"Do you have a car?"

"Motorcycle."

Of course. His twisted smile made him seem even more like a child, to the point where I found it somewhat endearing. After all, it would be quite funny to take an 18-year-old so seriously.

"Alright, rascal. Are you wearing your helmet properly when you ride? It's dangerous, so you need to be careful."

"Is Yeowoon sick or something? Is it urgent?"

As the elevator doors closed, the message window also disappeared. But even after arriving on the first floor, Cheon Sangwon continued to follow me.

"It'll be much faster if you ride with me."

Although I had tried to ignore him, his words caught my attention.

Thinking about last time I saw Cha Yeowoon... The refrigerator was surely, the electricity was shut off, and Cha Yeowoon who was pale and said he wanted to quit. He didn't answer when I asked if he was sick, but the atmosphere was unusual. The fact that the guy who had never been friendly suddenly called me was evidence enough. Something was definitely going on.

"Is this yours?"

Cheon Sangwon's bike, proudly parked on the ground, looked exactly like its owner. It was flashy and exuded presence.

"Isn't it awesome?"

"Hey. This is expensive. How can a high schooler afford a bike that costs over $7,500?"

"What does me being in high school have to do with it? If you have the money, you can ride it."

I had nothing to say. This guy was annoying. Could it be that Cha Yeowoon and this guy both lack a bit of manners, and that was why the message had appeared earlier? Like a dating app, it was matching similar personalities together.