Chapter 39

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Good boy, Cha Yeowoon."

As I tousled Cha Yeowoon's hair, he blinked his eyes in a daze. He was a good boy. The 18-year-old Cha Yeowoon, who I spent time with in person, turned out to be a much better person than I thought.

"I'm not that nice."

"Good boys always say that."

"I really am not nice." Cha Yeowoon strongly denied it. "Sunbae, you say it because you don't know what I'm thinking."

Actually, I knew everything. At least the fact that he wanted to do to me. But it was somewhat troubling how I felt indifferent about it.

"Let's go. We need to use the ticket for Jebuland. You worked hard to get it."

"If you don't feel like going, we don't have to. We can just look at the sea."

"I want to go." I pulled myself up first, clasping our overlapping hands. "Really. I want to go and have fun with you."

Cha Yeowoon looked up at me intently. "I think it would be fun if I go with you too."

I tickled his held hand with my thumb, and only then did his expression soften. After he stood up and dusted off his pants, we briskly headed in the direction of the amusement park.

"I'm looking forward to the rides."

Cha Yeowoon's footsteps, walking beside me, slowed down slightly. I didn't realize the meaning of his action until later. The already pale Cha Yeowoon was very pale. As he clutched his knees, I patted his back.

"Hey, if you can't ride the Viking ship, just say so." I said as I rubbed his back.

He shook his head at my words. "It's not that I can't ride it. I rode it once."

"It looks like you'll die if you ride it twice. There's also the mini Viking ship over there. We should have ridden that."

"I'm not a child." Cha Yeowoon spoke confidently, still pale with blood drained from his face.

The ticket consisted of three courses and a fishing experience. As was typical of tourist amusement parks, Jebuland only offered a few courses. Among them, the Viking ship had seemed the most promising.

There weren't many people riding it, so we were able to sit anywhere. After we sat down energetically in the last seat, Cha Yeowoon remained silent, and that should have been my realization.

He persevered, despite me reassuring him that it was okay if he couldn't ride it. Unlike the couple in front of us, he didn't scream and just froze like an iceberg. As soon as we got off the ship, he sat down and didn't move.

"Do you want me to buy a drink? What do you want to drink?"

"It's okay. I'm fine now."

"Let's sit and rest for a moment..."

"Let's ride the next one quickly." Cha Yeowoon stood up abruptly, full of enthusiasm.

"You'll collapse again."

"I didn't collapse."

"Didn't you act as if you had half a foot in the grave just now?"
"I don't want to waste time since I finally came with you, sunbae. You said you liked amusement rides."

Another admirable remark. Seeing him burning with the determination to accommodate me, I thought it would be much better for us to enjoy ourselves than for me to stop him.

"Let's ride that one. The merry-go-round."

"..."

"It's because I want to ride it."