Chapter 41

[Cha Yeonwoon's POV]

"See. People who only date when they like someone are really hard to date."

"Sunbae... he is good to me." Cha Yeowoon barely finished speaking. But nevertheless, since Tae Myeongha treated him well, was there a chance?

"That's also a problem." Ahn Sia lightly shattered the shallow expectations. "The way I see it, oppa treats you too much like a child. Myeongha oppa seems to do that to everyone, but you in particular. Special treatment."

"I know..."

"More like a younger sibling than a hubae? Or maybe a nephew."

"There's only a one-year age difference between sunbae and me."

"Who doesn't know? That's just how it looks from the outside. Anyway, it's quite a distance from a rosy atmosphere."

It couldn't be denied, even if it was unpleasant. Cha Yeowoon gulped down his Americano. Drinking it made his throat burn. Brothers, family. At best, to put a title on their relationship would be a 'sunbae-hubae friendship.' Furthermore, Tae Myeongha had said with his own mouth that they should be friends. Hearing those words, Cha Yeowoon had stayed up all night with wide-open eyes.

"In my view, Cha Yeowoon, you don't stand a chance." Ahn Sia said decisively, taking the Americano from Cha Yeowoon. Her words made sense. Even if it was unpleasant to hear, there wasn't a single wrong word.

"Calmly give up. It's not good to cling to someone who doesn't like you. Even if it continues, difficulties will remain. I know because I've seen many cases, and it rarely ends well."

"Even if sunbae doesn't like me the same way, it doesn't matter. Even if it doesn't go well, I can't give up."

"You seem to really like Myeongha oppa." Ahn Sia exclaimed briefly.

"..."

"If I were you, I would probably like him too."

"Don't."

"If I were you. But unlike you, I don't have a hobby of voluntarily torturing myself by throwing myself into hard times. I'll go out with someone who likes me."

That seemed to be the case. Ahn Sia shook the cup with only ice left. The sound of ice colliding spread like a bell.

"Can you help me?" Cha Yeowoon asked.

Ahn Sia was the only person Cha Yeowoon knew who could be helpful in matters of love. He was desperate for help right now.

"Help you?"

"Help me. Or try, at least."

"..."

"Sia, please help me try." Cha Yeowoon clenched his fists and glared ahead.

Ahn Sia smiled triumphantly.

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

[ Sub-Mission: Find Cha Yeowoon a friend. ]

[ Sub-Mission cleared. ]

I was surprised by the unexpected notification. Although I had become accustomed to the message window suddenly appearing, the content was surprising.

"A friend?"

All of a sudden? Did Cha Yeowoon make a friend without me knowing? Who? I quickly recalled the candidates. Cheon Sangwon, definitely not. Ahn Gyeonghun, Ahn Sia... The candidates could be counted on one hand.

[ Reward triggered. ]

[ You can see what Cha Yeowoon wanted most in the past. ]

[ Would you like to check now? ]