Chapter 12

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

Bowing, again and again. My friends left after bowing to the teacher. The last to leave was Cheon Sangwon.

"Did you call him? Cha Yeowoon. Wow, you're loyal just like the rumors."

Cheon Sangwon pointed at Cha Yeowoon, who had been standing behind the teacher. Cha Yeowoon showed no change in his expression even under the pointing. Cheon Sangwon then turned toward me.

"I'll go down first. Hyung, see you next time." He then waved his hand cheerfully and walked down the stairs with light steps.

Wow, what a strange guy. Some people would immediately confront others when there was a conflict, while some would calmly call the teacher. Cha Yeowoon was definitely the latter. But that didn't mean I was the former. Of course, at the age of 19, I was more like the former. Cha Yeowoon and I had the same thought the moment we received a call from Ahn Gyeonghun's number to come up to the rooftop.

"Should we call the teacher?"

"Let's call the teacher." I raised my thumb in agreement with Cha Yeowoon. He looked at my thumb awkwardly, before disappearing into the teachers' office.

While he was calling the teacher, I hurriedly came up to the rooftop, just in case Ahn Gyeonghun had encountered some kind of trouble. However, it didn't seem like they were the type to get into any big problem. One of them seemed a bit problematic, though.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. We didn't even fight. I'm fine, but just give me a moment."

I approached Ahn Gyeonghun just to make sure. He was frozen like a deer in headlights.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I-I'm okay."

"Let's go back to class for now. The bell is going to ring."

There seemed to be no visible wounds. Anyway, we had to go down because we couldn't miss class. As I helped Ahn Gyeonghun to his feet, Cha Yeowoon waved his hand from the rooftop entrance.

"I'm leaving."

What an easy-going guy. He really came to call the teacher and left.

"Pay attention in class."

"I'm not going to class. I'm heading to track and field."

"Then have a good time with track and field. Take care."

Cha Yeowoon, like an ice prince, didn't even glance back before disappearing. Ahn Gyeonghun and I returned to the classroom. I had been tense due to the ominous debuff reversal message, but thankfully, it wasn't as serious as I thought. But should I be thankful? To be honest, it was uncomfortable when I recalled the thick shadow under Cheon Sangwon's feet.

"Did you get your phone back? How did they get it in the first place?"

"I was just eating, but they..."

"They? Did they drag you away? Crazy bastards."

"I-It's not exactly like that... I know Sangwon. He asked to borrow my phone and for me to go to the rooftop with him."

"So you were dragged away. Sangwon? Cheon Sangwon? A 2nd year student?"

"Hmm. He works in the same place as my younger sister."

"Really? Work? What does he do?"

"Y-You don't know Cheon Sangwon?"

"Nope."

How could I know? I hadn't been at this school for even a week. I couldn't even remember who attended my old high school. I was more surprised by Ahn Gyeonghun's reaction than anything else. Was it really surprising I didn't know a student?