Chapter 10

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

This was what a fire drill was like. If the mission was to avoid Cha Yeowoon for 300 days instead of making him happy, I would be totally screwed. There were no easy paths in life.

"Hold on."

"Where are you going, Myeongha?"

"Toilet."

For now I quickly left the classroom. If I was to create a scene like last time, my fate would be sealed if Cha Yeowoon was to catch sight of me. While I was briskly walking down the 3rd year students' hallway, my phone suddenly started ringing.

Phones weren't allowed in school. Once confiscated, not only would I not be able to see Cha Yeowoon's face but also there would be no way to contact him. I would likely come to regret it later, but right now, my only thought was to avoid him.

[Where are you?]

Cha Yeowoon took the initiative before I could even say hello. Surprised by his speed, I reflexively turned around. It felt like he would appear behind me at any moment.

"Me? I-I'm heading down to your class."

[Suddenly to my class?]

"Yeah. But where are you?"

[...I'm in your class.]

Ehm, I knew that. I was coming down to avoid you.

"We were thinking the same thing. It's fate."

[Sunbae, you're still avoiding me.]

Damn. Cha Yeowoon wasn't only fast at running but also incredibly quick-witted.

"No? I came down to find you."

[It would be odd that you avoided me yesterday but weren't today. It's a lie that you went down to the classroom to find me.]

Handsome and smart, what a scary fellow.

"Why did you come to my class?"

[I wanted to see if you were still avoiding me.]

"Yeowoon, are you testing me? Scary."

[I was simply curious if you would avoid me again, just like how you did last time when I hadn't even reached the classroom yet. Why are you doing it?]

This time, I was genuinely scared. I barely held back from asking Cha Yeowoon how he had known.

"No. It's not like that. How could I have known you would come up? It's just a coincidence, coincidence."

[Then, would you like to have lunch with me?]

Who knew an invitation to eat together could be so threatening? I pursed my lips and chose to remain silent. Right, I didn't think I could avoid him forever.

"Okay. But you're a 2nd year student, so your lunch break starts 10 minutes later than ours."

[Sunbae, you can wait that much for me.]