Chapter 60

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

Cha Yeowoon cupped his hand above my forehead. As a shadow cast over my eyes, the sight in front of me became clearer. His golden eyes, burning with jealousy, were brighter than the sunlight they reflected.

Without attempting to mask his surging anger, he took a deep breath and spoke in a remarkably soft voice, never once averting his gaze from me. "My qualifying match is tomorrow morning."

Despite me carefully pondering my response and missing the moment to address Cha Yeowoon's petty jealousy, he shifted the conversation by bringing up the competition.

"I'll come to cheer you on."

"I'll win."

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to it."

"I won't forget to give you a gold medal." Hearing Cha Yeowoon's overflowing confidence, I felt as if he would certainly be able to do that.

"I have something to give you too." I added.

"What is it?"

"I'll give it to you after your win." I looked forward to Cha Yeowoon's reaction after receiving it. My lips eased, forgetting the earlier tension.

"Sunbae, you said you like cute people." Cha Yeowoon, who had been watching me for a while, pouted. "Cute, diligent, kind, and a pretty smile, right?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Sunbae, you said it was your ideal type."

I vaguely remember saying something like that when we were studying for the midterm. Although it was vague to me, Cha Yeowoon seemed to have remembered every little detail.

"So, you probably don't like the mature and sexy type?" he added.

What was Cha Yeowoon talking about? The roulette in my mind spun around until it stopped at an answer. Mature and sexy, he must be talking about Choi Jinseo. While talking about something else, his thoughts seemed to be on this.

I grabbed his hand that had been resting against my forehead and lowered it.

"Yeowooon, you're going to get a sunburn."

"It doesn't matter." Cha Yeowoon retorted grumpily.

"Also, Choi Jinseo came to see you."

"Then, why would she chase you, if she's here to see me, sunbae?"

Cha Yeowoon heard that? He had good ears. Worried about the sunlight, I led him to the shade beneath the trees. Since the shadow was short, we leaned against a tree shoulder to shoulder.

"She said you turned down the opportunity to be an advertising model." I said.

"Maybe." he admitted.

"Really?"

"I don't remember in detail, it was a hectic time."

"This time, she came to ask something similar."

"Is that what you two were talking about?" The way Cha Yeowoon asked became strangely crooked again.

"I was going to ask you about your opinion."

"Sunbae, you like kind people."

"Huh?"

"Cute and kind people who don't get jealous easily." Cha Yeowoon seemed more interested in the fact that Choi Jinseo and I had a conversation than the topic itself. "So, I'm holding back."

When I heard Cha Yeowoon's serious tone that didn't fit the situation, I was about to laugh. "Jealous?"

Cha Yeowoon stared at me expressionlessly without answering. His cool, stoic expression made him appear mature beyond his age. It was different from the irritation he had shown earlier. It was an expression I had never seen from him until then. The surrounding scenery blurred as if I was in a fast-moving car. My stomach felt uneasy. This symptom wasn't good.