Chapter 53

[Cha Yeowoon's POV]

"We're outside." At the clear rejection, Cha Yeowoon stopped.

The approaching night covered the surroundings with a blurry haze. Only Tae Myeongha was clearly visible. The fresh leaves, young fruits, and darkened water surface were nothing more than a backdrop. The distant hum of cars and the wind's melody blended into mere background noise. Certain misfortunes consuming Cha Yeowoon's life became hazy when he faced Tae Myeongha. There was only one thing that mattered.

Cha Yeowoon opened his mouth. Instead of words, a breath escaped. Did Tae Myeongha like him Why did he accept his feelings that day? Was it okay if it wasn't outside? His most curious questions couldn't be asked. He was afraid of the answer that awaited him.

The building, constructed to have a direct view of the reservoir, was open to anyone. As they entered the emergency exit of a shopping center with restaurants and cafes on the upper floors, Tae Myeongha looked dazed as if he had no idea what was happening.

"Instead of going home, are you thinking about kissing me in a place like this?" Tae Myeongha's playful remark in an attempt to ease the mood wasn't overlooked by Cha Yeowoon.

Their lips met immediately. Tae Myeongha accepted the sudden contact but kept his lips closed. Cha Yeowoon belatedly recalled Tae Myeongha's advice to relax. It was already too late. He didn't know how to do anything more.

He moved beyond simply rubbing Tae Myeongha's warm lips and descended to his chin, carefully kissing the jawline that led to the ear. At Cha Yeowoon's actions, Tae Myeongha trembled. Cha Yeowoon let out a shallow breath. It smelled sweet, he thought. Tae Myeongha, seemingly flustered, placed his hand on Cha Yeowoon's shoulder. He forcefully pushed away the Cha Yeowoon that wouldn't easily pull away.

It was another rejection.

The emotions that had heated around Cha Yeowoon's torso forcefully cooled. Cha Yeowoon caught his breath and looked at Tae Myeongha. Despite trying to act calm, his heavy breathing didn't easily settle.

"Why the rush?" Tae Myeongha asked with a hint of laughter, but Cha Yeowoon couldn't laugh.

"Because you're making me rush, sunbae."

When Cha Yeowoon refused to back down, Tae Myeongha showed a slightly troubled expression. It was the expression of someone who had the luxury to consider and weigh many things in this moment. The face trying to shake off Cha Yeowoon was remarkably beautiful. The long and sharp eyes resembled a large cat. With only a simple t-shirt, the revealed body was lean. Why didn't Cha Yeowoon realize it when they first met? Tae Myeongha was a captivating person. Looking at him made his heart tighten.

Cha Yeowoon pushed Tae Myeongha into a corner. Despite knowing it was a mistake, he went ahead and did it. He had become desperate. Their legs became entangled and their upper bodies touched. He wanted to kiss recklessly like before, but he felt like he would be pushed away again. That time, for certain. He didn't know what to do. His chest felt stifled, and he wanted to do something, but the solution didn't come.

"Stop." Tae Myeongha said in a gentle voice.

Just like when he was praising him, Tae Myeongha ran his fingers through Cha Yeowoon's hair like always, making him feel good. Cha Yeowoon felt miserable. What felt even more miserable was the fact that he couldn't push away Tae Myeongha's hand.

"Why?" Cha Yeowoon made a final effort.

Even while asking, he already knew the answer. Tae Myeongha didn't like him. He knew. Yet, even knowing that, he couldn't stop.

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Recently, you seem to be doing very well, Tae Myeongha." The homeroom teacher grinned.