Chapter 32

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

I only said anything because I was worried that Cha Yeowoon might ask me to meet him tomorrow without Ahn Gyeonghun. It wasn't like I was scolding him, but I didn't realize he was so obsessed with the kiss. As I carried the trash bag down the outdoor stairs, a makeshift garbage sorting bin installed between the buildings could be seen. Paper, Plastic, General.

Cha Yeowoon, who was standing next to me as I sorted the trash one by one, suddenly asked. "Do you like Tak Junho?"

Thud.

The trash bag slipped from my loose grip and hit the metal trash can. Cha Yeowoon had an unpredictable side to him. What on earth did he think of my tastes?

"Why would I like him? He's older than you too, yet you keep calling him by his name."

"You're talking like an old man again. I always call my sunbaes like this.'"

"What do you mean you always call me sunbae? You green sprout."

"Sunbae, do you kiss people you don't even like?"

The question was amusing, but his intense expression and tone kept me from laughing. I didn't think one wrong kiss could lead to such troubles.

"Yesterday was just an accident. Tak Junho or whatever, my priority now is your midterm results."

Of course. I needed him to move to 10th. It was unclear whether the mission meant the entire school or just his class, but I hoped it was the entire school. Despite me having worked part-time as an instructor, I didn't know how much I could help him improve in just two weeks, considering he also had to spend his time training.

"You care about my grades now?"

"I want to tell you that grades don't matter and that you only need to grow up healthy, but grades are still necessary for college admission. The ultimate goal is a scholarship."

"You're saying I should give up being admitted into college on an athletic scholarship?"

Geez. Considering Cha Yeowoon's recent struggles in his track performance, I thought he would have been sensitive. However, he didn't seem particularly upset. He showed more indifference compared to when he was prying into the kiss.

"No. Why would I give up when you haven't?"

"Then why are you making such a fuss and making me study?"

"I told you. When you want to quit running, call me. I'll do whatever I can."

"I haven't called you to say I'm quitting."

"You have to be prepared. You never know when things will change. We need to have safety nets in place so even if things go south, you won't fall terribly."

Cha Yeowoon might be stubborn about pursuing track and field until he fell, but he had said he wanted to quit at one point. So this was even more important. I watched as he tilted his head slightly.

"So, did you study hard too, sunbae?"

"Yes." I wish I had realized earlier. Even just by the age 18 would have been perfect.

"We'll study on weekends too?"

In that case, I'll have to schedule around my studio part-time job ahead of time. For now, it was a day job, but with the promise that I could come out every weekend.

"I'll also start working part-time this weekend."

"What kind of job is it?" I asked hastily, without thinking.

It would be a big problem if it was a physically demanding job and Cha Yeowoon injured himself. He smiled as if he had noticed my thought.

"Sunbae, you not only make me study, but you're also worried about my part-time job."