Chapter 36

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

"Are we going?" It seemed Cha Yeowoon had noticed my lack of focus, so he asked again. "Didn't you say you were working at the church on weekends?"

"I can adjust the time."

[ "I want to touch." ]

Two voices overlapped.

"What?" I asked again, thinking I might have misheard.

"I meant working this weekend. I can adjust the time. I don't have much to do at the church anyway." Cha Yeowoon, seemingly perplexed, repeated.

[ "I want to be closer." ]

It was similar to before. It sounded so clear that it couldn't be an illusion.

"Do you have work this weekend, sunbae?"

"No, not really."

Stay calm. The subject wasn't mentioned. Maybe it was someone else. Perhaps he had started to like someone else.

[ "Sunbae" ]

The subject pierced my ears.

[ "I want to kiss you." ]

A much more explicit and clear words capped off the finale. It wasn't just a desire to embrace a 'good sunbae.' Heat crawled up from my chest. My neck and face grew warm. Cha Yeowoon, were you crazy? I desperately suppressed the urge to shout. Was this really happening?

"Are you sick? Your face suddenly turned red." Cha Yeowoon approached me.

A refreshing scent wafted. Although he hadn't touched me, my shoulders tensed and I felt my heart beating faster.

"I'm fine."

"Sunbae."

Contrary to my words, my face had heated up as if it was about to burst. Cha Yeoun reached out to my cheek.

"Touch..."

Unconsciously, I grabbed his wrist. Just before I was about to push him away, I regained my senses and stopped. Cha Yeowoon was surprised. I looked at his hand that had approached me. Long, elegant fingers. He wanted to touch me. The words repeated in my mind.

"Sunbae?"

When I turned my gaze slightly, I caught sight of his lips this time. Straight teeth, a beckoning tongue, and slightly parted, moist lips. He said he wanted to kiss. Me. Cha Yeowoon's abrupt pretty hand was kneading my thoughts.

No, why? Why did he want to kiss me? Did he have unfulfilled desires? Contrary to how he acted, was he just a teenager with a mind boiling like this?

"What's the matter?" The repeated question made me tremble. I noticed Cha Yeowoon looking at me. "What did I do wrong?"

Seeing Cha Yeowoon's anxiety, my confusion dissipated. The question that had swelled up like a bubble burst. I quickly released his hand.

"I'm sorry. I was thinking about it for a moment. How about in the morning? To Jebudo."

"If you don't want to go..."

"No. Let's go."

"Really?"

I regretted the cautious reaction, so I nodded enthusiastically. At this point, Jebudo wasn't much of a problem. What I had just heard was more concerning.

Cha Yeowoon walked away, glancing back at me, as soon as the bell rang. After somehow managing to act like nothing was wrong, I sat down in the classroom and tried to calm my heart. I should keep calm and think. There were many possibilities.