Chapter 37

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

As I gently pressed and straightened the area between Cha Yeowoon's eyebrows, the furrowed area became clear as if it had been removed with an eraser. Cha Yeowoon arched his eyebrows like a gentle sheep.

"Discrimination. You can't be playing favorites."

"I naturally favor Cha Yeowoon. What am I, a teacher who loves all students equally?"

Cha Yeowoon's eyes, which were full of discontent, softened. As he delicately picked up his utensils again to eat, his demeanor was more relaxed than earlier. He's like an open book.

"If you're not a teacher, why do you take care of Cha Yeowoon like a kindergarten student?"

"You look the most like a kindergarten student here." I stuffed a piece of rice cake into Cheon Sangwon's mouth to block his unpleasant words, and he accepted it with a smile.

On the other hand, Cha Yeowoon's forehead wrinkles were starting to reappear.

"Are you going to the studio this weekend?" Cheon Sangwon asked.

"I'm not working part-time this weekend. I have plans."

"What plans?"

"I'm going to the sea with Yeowoon."

"The sea? When? I want to go too." Cheon Sangwon happily requested, causing Cha Yeowoon's chopsticks to waver again.

There was a notable tension in his fingers. At this rate, the chopsticks might really bend. "We're not recruiting more people suddenly. We'll go just the two of us."

"Wouldn't it be more fun if the three of us went together?"

"No. You always talk back. Just stay and finish your meal."

***

[Tae Myeongha's POV]

The lunch where I had thought two people would have an upset stomach ended just as expected. As Cha Yeowoon cleaned his plate with a sullen expression, I walked away with Cheon Sangwon first on the pretense that Ahn Gyeonghun had called me to the canteen. Lunch time at an all boys high school was hectic. The schoolyard was busy with ball games, and the canteen was bustling.

"Sangwon, do you like me?" I threw the question as we arrived right in front of the bustling canteen. Inside, students were busy throwing cream buns at each other.

Cheon Sangwon smiled, revealing his teeth. There was a mischievous glint in his eyes. "What if I do?"

"I'll tell you to stop talking nonsense."

Cheon Sangwon chuckled as if he had found it funny. I stood in front of the canteen, scratching my chin. I wanted to finish the conversation before Cha Yeowoon returned.

"What does it matter? You're seeking attention and getting frustrated because I'm not giving it to you."

"I'm a bit dumbfounded. How did you know, hyung?"

"Why wouldn't I know? You've been wearing it on your face that nothing had gone your way. Anyway, stop provoking Cha Yeowoon. He's different from you."

Cheon Sangwon, who was smiling slyly, lost his smile. He looked dazed as if he had been beaten. "Hyung, you're really the annoying type."

Having nonchalantly smiled all this time, he suddenly looked different when he spoke coldly. If this child kept living carelessly like that, his future would be bleak.

"Yeah. Anyway, don't waste your time among the hard-working children. Do your own thing, whether it's modeling or studying."

Cheon Sangwon was from a wealthy family, so he would do well on his own. After concluding our talk, I bought three bottles of healthy 100% vegetable juice from the canteen.