10

Xingchen scowls, walks over to his desk and picks up the phone his anger is barely controlled as he forcefully dials the number he just pulled up on his computer. The other person picks up the phone "Mr. Xiao what can I do for you?" a pleasant voice asks.

Xingchen with a slightly raised voice says "Jiang Fengmian can you explain to me why Wei Wuxian has not had a security detail in the time he has lived with you? Per his parent's will he and his twin were supposed to always have protection and yet I just had a very lengthy conversation with Wei Wuxian who has not only not had any sort of security but has also been leaving your home and your protection alone via taxis and other car services since he moved in with you. He did tell me that his sister seems to have had a security person all this time but not him. May I ask why this is?"

Jiang Fengmian is quiet for a long time prompting more anger from Xiao Xingchen "I would like an answer, Mr. Jiang."

He clears his throat "Uh, I have always left the household things to Madam, she is the one who would have provided these for each of the children. I was unaware of the miscommunication within the household in regards to the security for AXian, I will speak to Madam now."

Xiao Xingchen rolls his eyes and sneers "It's a little too late for that don't you think considering she has removed him from your residence and with him being pregnant at that? I am beginning to question your and your wife's ability to be guardians of the Wei children if this is how you treat them. I will have a wellness check done monthly from now on as long as Jia Li is living under your roof. Wei Wuxian is the heir to the Wei fortune and yet it seems as if he has been treated no better than one of your household staff if even that well. I am sure their parents would not be happy with how their eldest child has been treated while living in your home. I suggest you make sure that Jia Li is well protected and cared for or I will have no option but to petition the courts to have her guardianship removed from you and your wife, which will result in you and your wife losing the generous income you have been receiving for taking care of them. By the way, you will be losing the income from Wei Wuxian regardless since he is no longer living under your roof, therefore you will no longer be receiving the normal compensation for his care."

Fengmian says nothing for a few moments then sighs heavily "I understand, thank you for calling me, I will make sure that AJia is well taken care of and her care is not lacking in any way. I guess I should have been more diligent when it came to the care of the children but my wife has always handled those things so I never thought to question whether or not she was doing an adequate job with all of them. I know Changze would be sorely disappointed in how we have cared for his son but I promise to help him as much as I can in the future to make up for it."

Xiao Xingchen purses his lips in doubt "Just make sure that Wei Jia Li is properly cared for and check on Wei Wuxian to make sure he is adjusting to living on his own. I will call you if any other issues come up. I sincerely hope there are no other issues as serious as these in the future Mr. Jiang. Have a good day."

He slams the phone down and huffs in anger, his door opens to his office and his husband walks in the door. Song Lan sees how angry he is "What's wrong love?"

He goes on a ten-minute rant about Wei Wuxian and how he has been treated, so angry that he wants to hit something. "I have been watching over the twins and their parent's estate for the last five years since those kids stepped foot into the Jiang house. I have been getting regular updates about their welfare all this time and have been lied to every month for five years about how that boy has been being treated. Unfortunately, I can't do much about it because I am just the solicitor for the estate and the financial advisor for their inheritance but damn it, they have left him completely exposed for five years. Anything could have happened to him in that time, now he is eighteen years old and pregnant, and that retched family has kicked him out of their home."