46

Wangji grabs his phone "I'm sending you an encrypted file, I need the number embedded, also tell the others to prepare we will be moving on the target soon." He disconnects the call and gets back to work he has a family to go home to now.

His phone rings and he is so into what he is doing he doesn't look at the caller I.D. "Hello?"

"Mr. Lan, it's Mr. Li how are you?" A pleasant voice says.

"I'm fine Mr. Li thank you for asking, I hope life finds you well, what can I do for you?" he replies cordially.

The two men have done a few projects together over the years but Wangji has always been standoffish to him since the night of the party, he just can't seem to warm up to the man and doesn't really care to if he is honest with himself. The man feels like a snake oil salesman, a shyster and Wangji stays guarded around him.

"I'm doing very well thank you, I called because I have another project I would like to discuss with you. It's a rather large project and since I am familiar with your work and I trust you and your people, I really don't feel that I can work with just anyone, therefore I think your firm is the right fit." His voice is still pleasant.

Wangji purses his lips "That sounds like something we can do, just send over the files and we will take a look at them. I will be able to give you an answer within the next five or six days."

Mr. Li chuckles "That will be fine Mr. Lan, we can discuss your trip to Shanghai once you have agreed to take on the project."

Wangji's eyes narrow "I may have to send one of my team to meet with you Mr. Li, there is a strong possibility that I won't be able to travel there personally."

Sounding concerned he says "Oh? And why is that Mr. Lan, you know that I don't feel comfortable dealing with subordinates, especially on a project of this size."

"My personal responsibilities have changed and I am not as free as I once was to travel out of town for extended periods." He explains with his normal stoic mannerisms.

Mr. Li chuckles "It sounds like you are taking on a wife Mr. Lan, if so congratulations. Maybe we can shorten the time you will need to be here to something more manageable for a newly married man."

Wangji nods "I am and thank you, Mr. Li, if you will please send over the files we can discuss the specifics once we have looked over everything."

Mr. Li grins "That sounds fine Mr. Lan, thank you in advance for your time. Have a pleasant day and I hope to hear from you soon."

They disconnect the call and Wangji waits for the files to show up, while he does his mind wonders to his family 'I wonder what they are doing now, are the babies napping? Is my beautiful wife drawing or working on one of his digital art projects?' the computer dings as the file comes in and he clicks on it to open it. He gets lost in the details of the new possible project until it's time to go home.

He walks in the door to the sweet sounds of his children calling him "Daddy! Daddy's home! Daaaddy!" the two boys come running to him with his baby girl trailing slower behind them unable to run right now.

He lowers himself down and greets the three by showering them with hugs and kisses. His smile is radiant as he meets his family after a day at the office. 'So this is what that feels like, it's going to be amazing coming home to this every day.'

Wuxi comes out of the kitchen wiping his hands on a hand towel smiling as he watches Wangji and their children. He walks up to Wangji who stands up and gives him a sweet butterfly kiss in greeting. "Hello wife, what's for dinner I'm starving." He chuckles.

"Sorry, I have always wanted to say that I have wondered what it would feel like to be able to say it." his eyes alight with happiness.

Wuxi giggles "Well how did it feel? Was it everything you dreamed it would be?" his eyes shining with love and humor.