29

He walks back into the hospital room and sees that his family is asleep, he stands there and in the dim light, he looks at each face. Three so beautiful in their combined features of their parents, he looks at each child sleeping so peacefully and his heart stutters. He loves them so completely and he just met them but he knows he would give his life to protect each one of them. He looks over the soft dewy cheeks, the long dark lashes that cast half-moon shadows on their sweet little faces and smiles, these are his children, his own flesh and blood, his babies. His heart swells and his chest puffs a bit at the pride he feels knowing that he has three angels that he helped to create and bring into this world.

He walks a little closer to the hospital bed that has his daughter and his fiancé sleeping with a soft snore coming from one of them and he nearly laughs because he can't tell which one it is coming from. They look so beautiful, this amazing man, this sweet and loving soul gave him the greatest gift he has ever received in his life and he is humbled before him for his sacrifice. He was with an unknown man and still carried and birthed these babies, has been raising them without ever questioning whether he should or not.

His mother has spoken about him over these years and Wangji knows that he is a gentle person, kind, loving and protective of those he loves. He is floored that his man has agreed to spend his life with him, he can't believe that he gets the privilege of spending every day with this unbelievable family that is all his.

He notices that his daughter is starting to move around so he walks closer to the bed and strokes her back gently until she falls back into a peaceful sleep. He sits down and just looks between each of the people in this room unable to sleep for fear he will wake up and find it all just a dream.

The next morning he is woken up by a nurse coming in to take his daughter for some tests. It's very early and he sits up as the nurse disconnects the I.V. line from the port.

She smiles at him "Good morning, we will be taking her down for some testing, we will be drawing blood, doing a scan and giving her a full check-up. Which one of you would like to accompany her down for all of this?"

Wuxi sits up with her and looks at the nurse then at Wangji "I will, if you don't mind staying with the boys, Li Qin should be here soon and she can help you feed them and she will take them home today, they don't need to stay here like this."

Wangji nods "Yes absolutely, I don't mind at all, go with our daughter I will take care of our sons then I have to go to my grandfather's with Mother."

Wuxi nods "Alright, I will call you if they let us know anything and you can wait for the paternity test results, they should bring them to this room when they are done."

He scoots to the edge of the bed with AMei and the nurse helps him stand with her. Wangji watches them standing as well just in case they need his help, he walks over to them and kisses his daughter on her forehead then does the same to Wuxi who blushes but smiles softly. "I will send you the results of the test when I get it, here is your phone, I'll just put it in your pocket here so you will have it on you."

Wuxi looks at his finance and nods with a half-smile "Thanks, I'll see you later."

Wangji nods and watches them walk out of the room, he stretches trying to get the kinks out of his neck since he fell asleep in the chair which was not comfortable. He walks over and checks on his sons who are still sleeping but are beginning to move around a little.

He walks over to the door and talks to the remaining security "Did one of you go with them?"

He nods "Yes sir, they are not allowed to move without at least one of us but we have plain clothes security positioned in several places throughout the floor and they will move as our charges move." He says quietly so as not to be overheard.