42

Friends and family come to see AMei, they all bring her gifts, and coo at her when she is awake letting her know that she is loved. A little after noon they have food brought in they all eat and talk about different topics until Wangji's phone rings, he excuses himself and steps out of the room.

"Hello?"

"Sir all of their stories check out, the only one with a CCTV feed close to their home was the single woman. The camera shows a dark figure around three a.m. breaking into her car. They look to be professional since they didn't trigger her alarm for more than a few seconds before it shuts off. It wouldn't have sounded long enough to alert anyone of the break-in. They were in and out of the car in less than two minutes then left on foot, we tried to follow through other CCTV feeds but from one feed to the next they disappeared about two blocks from her home." His man explains.

Wangji stands there for a moment "Notify them that they can keep the money but if they are contacted again for any reason I want to be informed immediately. The first two were just desperate to take care of their families and I can't punish the last one without punishing them all. Take care of the hospital bill for the child so that she is unburdened by it and can give her son a better life. Do we know where the father of the child is?"

"She is a widow, he died three years ago in a car accident and left nothing for his family. The child was two when the husband died and they have no other family, sir." His man says.

Wangji thinks for a minute "Get the card number and triple the amount she was given."

"Yes sir, anything else?" the disembodied voice asks.

"No that will be all, thank you." He hangs up and walks back into the room with his family and smiles at his daughter who holds her hands out for him.

Not wanting to cause her pain he walks over and lays down with her "Hello my little princess, want to lay down with Daddy?"

She nods "Lay with Daddy."

He gently moves her over a little and cuddles her, she pats him as if soothing him which makes him smile. "Daddy AMei want tuzi."

Wuxi smiling having watched them grabs the stuffed rabbit at the foot of the bed and hands it to Wangji. "Here, this is one of her favorite stuffed animals."

Wangji takes it from him with a soft smile and turns to their daughter "Here you go sweet baby."

She smiles and grabs the rabbit and hugs it then cuddles closer to Wangji who strokes her hair and pets on her. She is still somewhat lethargic from the medication and the surgery, she has been sleeping on and off all day and when she whimpers in pain they give her a small dose of pain medication. Soon everyone has left and it is just Wangji, Wuxi and AMei in the room, both of the men are lying on either side of their daughter watching her sleep.

Wangji looks at Wuxi and whispers "I need to go home soon so I can be there for our sons. I will be back early in the morning with a change of clothes for you and your toiletries so that you can get ready for the presser."

Wuxi nods "Thank you for just jumping right in and taking the lead for our little family. It makes me question how I ever did this without you. You have been such a huge help in dealing with these crazy issues while I have been able to concentrate on our baby's health."

Wangji leans over and kisses his forehead "It's my pleasure, I am ecstatic that all of you have so readily accepted me as part of this family and let me be a part of your lives."

He gets out of bed and walks around so that he is on the side where Wuxi is lying, he leans down and kisses his lips softly a few times before standing up and running the back of his fingers down his cheek causing Wuxi to close his eyes savoring the feel of Wangji's touch.