26

Seeing Wuxi in such distress Wangji gets up quickly and walks over to him, he stops directly in front of him and in a soft voice says "A party in Shanghai, a mist that covered everything and everyone, people everywhere and a beauty I spent an incredible night with only to not be able to remember his face the next day. I have searched for him for almost three years, I wear this in the hopes of finding him and giving it back to him, to apologize to him for that night and to see if he can find it in his heart to forgive me and give me a chance to make it right."

He pulls out the necklace and Wuxi seeing it collapses into hysterical crying, Wangji catches him with one arm while still holding the baby with his other, who having grabbed a handful of his shirt tightly in her fist, is also crying. He carries him to a chair and sits him down then squats in front of him, trying to soothe both mother and child he looks at Wuxi.

Wuxi still crying "This was a gift from my parents, me and my twin sister both have one. I lost it that night, I had no idea how to find it and I didn't want to ever go back to the mansion. Thank you for finding it and keeping it, it is pretty much all I have left of my parents since their death when I was twelve."

Wangji's eyes filled with hope and longing "Tell me it was you that night, tell me I finally found you."

Wuxi unable to speak just nods and throws his arms around Wangji's neck, holding onto him tightly as Wangji wraps his arm around his waist mindful of the baby. The baby sees her mother upset and cries harder causing the two to split apart and look at her "Sh it's alright my sweet angel, mommy's alright, we're ok, shh calm down."

His daughter reaches for him and wraps her little arms tightly around his neck and he looks at Wangji over her tiny shoulder.

Wangji watches them and a lump forms in his throat as the realization truly sinks in "She's mine, isn't she? They are really mine?" a tear slips down his cheek.

Wuxi nods quickly swallowing hard yet unable to speak, Wangji looks at the little girl with a soft sort of awe. He looks back at Wuxi "We have three babies together, I'm so sorry I didn't find you before now." He tears up as he strokes the baby's head gently his lungs burning as he holds his breath.

Wuxi shakes his head "It's not your fault, I didn't know who you were either, I couldn't remember anything about you except that you tried to be gentle and you were kind to me given the circumstances."

He lets out the breath he had been holding thanking the heavens that this man is such a forgiving soul.

They both turn when they hear Carmen sniff and they see her crying "They are my grandchildren." She gasps out awestruck as she gazes at AMei lovingly. "My beautiful grandbabies are really mine." Her hand shakes lightly as it covers her mouth, tears streaming down her lovely face. She looks at the two men in bewilderment, stunned by this revelation that her greatest joys the babies she watched come into this world are truly her own flesh and blood. She smiles brilliantly at the two of them her eyes shining with moisture that has yet to fall. 

Wuxi looks at her, his mouth wabbles as he nods and tries to smile at her, he takes a calming breath "They are." His heart flips over in his chest as he sees the depth of emotion in his Carmen Mom's eyes.

Wangji looks at Wuxi "Can I meet the other two? I would like to meet them if it's alright with you."

He looks back at Wangji and huffs out a laugh nodding "Yeah, you can, if you stay here you will meet them in about twenty minutes. They wouldn't calm down after I left with AMei so my nanny Li Qin is bringing them here now."

He gets a soft smile on his face and nods "I'm not going anywhere, as long as you will allow me to stay."

Wuxi nods shyly "You can stay, they are your children after all, and it's only right that you meet them."