16

The labor was difficult, it took him nearly twenty-seven hours to give birth to the three babies, they were born on the morning of October twentieth just eleven days before his nineteenth birthday. As they cleaned the babies, he began to hemorrhage but the doctor was able to treat it quickly without causing any damage to his reproductive organs.

Carmen came out of the delivery room "He is fine and so are the babies, he did hemorrhage but they were able to repair the issue quickly, he did need a blood transfusion but he is safe."

Everyone is crowded around her, and Yanli is wringing her hands nervously "This won't cause him to not have children in the future, will it?"

Carmen smiles at her in understanding "The doctor he has is amazing, she was able to treat him with no ill effects to his reproductive system so he can have future children without any issues. They are preparing him and the babies to be moved to a private room and we will be able to see him shortly."

Dr. Wen came out of the delivery room "Wei family."

They all turn and look at the doctor, and she smiles at all of them "Mr. Wei is doing fine and the babies are all healthy, he will be tired from labor and the hemorrhaging but he is stable and we will keep an eye on him for any complications. They are being moved to the maternity ward and will be in room six oh eight, you can go see him in about thirty minutes, this will give the staff enough time to get them into the room and make them comfortable. He had two healthy boys and a healthy girl, he wants to announce their birth order and their names to all of you once you are in the room. I need to get back to my patient but I'm sure I will see you all in the near future, we will be keeping him a bit longer than a normal birth since he did have complications and I don't feel comfortable sending him home until I know that there won't be any additional problems." She bows slightly to the family who thank her and bow to her in turn.

Jia Li sighs "Thank goodness they are all ok, I can't wait to see my niece and nephews, I just know they will be adorable."

Yanli smiles at her enthusiasm "They have AXian as a mother how could they not be adorable, I'm so glad he made it through the birth without any permanent damage to him. Why don't we go get some gifts for the babies since we have a little time to kill."

Jiang Cheng nods "Yeah let's do that, I want to get each of them something special, I ordered them a birth gift but they came a month early so what I got them isn't here yet, I thought I would have more time."

The three leave to go shopping and Carmen watches them go, she turns to Li Qin "Keep an eye on AXian, I know they care for him and he loves them but he is the priority. We need to keep him calm and happy so he can heal properly and be able to take care of his babies." She sighs and rubs her forehead tired to the bone after such a long labor.

Li Qin nods "Yes ma'am, why don't you try to get a little rest, you look dead on your feet. You must be exhausted after being in the delivery room for so long."

Carmen waves her off "I will have a bed brought into AXian's room and I will get some sleep then. I want to supervise the visits he receives to make sure no one upsets him. This is a beautiful moment in his life and I will not have anyone ruin it either intentionally or unintentionally. Make sure that security has the approved list of visitors that AXian made so that no one else tries to get in." Li Qin nods and gets up and walks over to the security team to verify the list and make sure they know their orders for Wei Wuxian's hospital stay.

Carmen walks into room six oh eight thirty minutes on the dot and sees that AXian is resting comfortably. She made sure that he was the first one to hold each of the babies as he gave birth to them. She knew he would be exhausted after giving birth and she didn't want anyone else to be able to hold his children for the first time but him. He is the one who carried them, he is the one who will be raising them, he is the one who will take care of their needs, and he deserves to be the first to hold them.