15

Over the next several months Wuxi's pregnancy proceeded normally, he was able to get admitted into one of the top colleges for art in China and was able to take all of his classes remotely since his focus was on digital art. He reconciled with his sister, Yanli and Jiang Cheng but he was not ready to deal with Fengmian and Madam Yu. Carmen became his second mother, taking care of him and helping him as his belly got bigger and things became more difficult for him to do she even got to know the other three and really liked them all but Wuxi remained her favorite. Carmen along with Song Lan found a nanny that was also skilled in protection for the triplets. Her name is Li Qin she has also been helping Wuxi for the last few months of his pregnancy. Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen became normal visitors to Wuxi's villa and close friends of his as they spent more time together.

Xiao Xingchen used his time getting to know Wuxi and the type of person he is, he found him to be kind, intelligent, funny, caring and talented. He helped him learn about finance so that he would know how to understand his wealth and how to understand its value. Wuxi is extremely smart so he learned quickly and wanted to know more so Xiao Xingchen taught him almost everything he had learned about finance, stocks, trading, investing and so on.

Eight months into his pregnancy Wuxi lays in bed whining "Come on Carmen Mom just a few, that's all I ask, I am craving them so bad. Please just give me a few and I won't ask for any more today, I promise."

She shakes her head "No AXian it's too salty, how about I make you some rice with ginger sauce and seared fish? You really like that."

He pouts "But I really want salt and vinegar chips with fish sauce. Come on, please? I don't even have to eat half of a little bag I just want the taste in my mouth, a little bit that's all." His hand up showing a small space between his finger and thumb.

She shakes her head "You have to be careful AXian, you have preeclampsia, you need to avoid salty foods until after the babies are born, I'm sorry but the answer is no."

He pokes his lip out even further and crosses his arms over his chest "This is so unfair, what happened to what babies want babies get huh?"

She chuckles softly "That went out the window when it started to be harmful to you and the babies. Now pick something else or you are getting rice with ginger and fish."

He huffs still pouting "Fine I do like the way you cook that, no matter how I make it it's never the same as yours."

She leans down and kisses his forehead "That's because I make it with love."

He huffs a short halfhearted laugh, and she giggles, walking out of the room to make his food. Li Qin is grinning at the banter between the two of them. She actually finds Wuxi's interactions with most people humorous; he is an adorable man-child that everyone dotes on but teases at the same time. She finds it all quite funny as she watches the people in his life interact with him.

He cuts his eyes to her "And what are you laughing at?"

She grins "Nothing, just watching a baby cub argue with his momma bear as if it will do him any good."

He sticks his tongue out at her which causes her to laugh "Hey I just call it like I see it." Her laughter rang in the room.

Her radio goes off and she answers the security guard's call, her smile drops "He's back, do you want to see him?"

He scowls "No, tell him never means never, get lost and don't come back."

She nods and relays the message then stands up "I'll be right back; I want to see if he is actually leaving or if security has to remove him. Wuxi nods and lays his head on his pillow; he can't believe that asshole is trying to come back after all this time. Qin Bai Zhi can take a short train to hell and burn forever for all he cares.