39

The babies play for a little while longer before Li Qin puts them down for a nap. Wangji looks at his mother "Why didn't you tell me that my kids were that famous Mother?"

She looks perplexed "What do you mean darling, we showed you their social media accounts, it's right there."

Yiyi looks between the two "What are you two talking about, why are my grandchildren famous?"

Carmen smiles "Ba they are brand ambassadors for six major brands, one is a luxury brand. They do magazine and internet photo shoots for these companies."

Wangji looks at her incredulously "Mother, they are multimillionaires, and they aren't even two. They also do product promotions on their social platforms and get paid for it."

She waves him off "They do those without even doing anything, that's no big deal."

Wangji scoffs "Mother they make how much by doing those nothing promos?"

She shrugs "I don't know a few hundred thousand to a few million depending on the contract."

Yiyi looks at her and raises his eyebrows "They make how much? What exactly are they doing to make that kind of money?"

Carmen sighs "Ba, companies send them baby items and have them wear them, use them, eat them or play with them and we record them doing it. Then we post the videos to their social media accounts and the companies pay them a fee for promoting their products. Wuxi is a very intelligent and shrewd businessman when it comes to his children and has made some amazing deals with these companies to get the maximum benefit for his children. Once all of the contracts end, even if he doesn't renew them the children have made enough money when all is said and done to never need to work again in their lives without touching a cent of Wuxi's inheritance. The luxury brand has made them global ambassadors for their children's line of clothing between that brand and the five others and their social media promotions they have paid them enough to top nearly a billion yuan in China and a net worth in the hundreds of millions in USD."

He glances at Wangji who looks just as shocked then they both look at Carmen, Wangji asks "How long have they been doing this for again?"

She grins "Since they were about eight months old, they have a three-year contract with the luxury brand and yearly contracts with the others who pay them higher rates with each contract."

Wangji shakes his head "And you said that Wuxi himself has been doing some modeling right?"

She nods smiling "Yes the same luxury brand has made him a brand ambassador "unofficially" because he is stubborn. They want to make him a full brand ambassador but until he finishes college he is being pigheaded and won't agree to it."

Yiyi raises an eyebrow "He is still a student?"

She nods "Yes, he will finish his education this next semester, then he will be free to do more modeling for the brand. It's also helped his studio sell more artwork by doing these ads for the luxury brand. It will only strengthen his foot in the art world outside of China."

Yiyi looks between mother and son "How old is Wuxi?"

"Twenty, he will be twenty-one on October thirty-first." She says.

Yiyi looks at Wangji "You were with him when he was so young? How could you do that Wangji? I thought you were raised better than that. I am sorely disappointed in you."

Carmen shakes her head "Ba you can't say that to him it isn't fair, you don't know the circumstances of that night and to scold Wangji for it isn't right."

Yiyi frowns looking at Wangji "Then explain it to me clearly because right now I am not happy at all with you."

Wangji explains what happened the night he and Wuxi were together, he doesn't go into detail about how their children were conceived but he gives enough information to make his grandfather understand that it was not the fault of either of them.