37

They work together to get their breakfast made and as they are sitting down to feed the boys Li Qin walks into the house. "Good morning."

They look up and smile "Good morning, how is AMei?"

She smiles at the two men "She is fine, she was asking for you this morning, they aren't keeping her sedated anymore so she was wide awake when I left."

Wuxi nods his eyebrows creasing "Alright I will leave for the hospital as soon as we finish feeding the boys. I don't want her to be upset any more than she already is."

Wangji looks at Wuxi "Eat something before you go, Li Qin can take over feeding ATian while you eat breakfast then you can go. Don't forget you have to nourish your body as well so that you have the strength to take care of our daughter."

He looks at him and nods then stands up and gives the bowl to Li Qin. She sits down and starts feeding ATian while Wuxi grabs a bowl of congee and a few slices of kiwi and strawberries. He eats quickly and then leaves the room to get his things gathered.

Li Qin smirks "Good job getting him to eat, he has a tendency to ignore his own needs for those of his children and is neglectful of himself."

Wangji hearing that frowns "Thank you for letting me know that, I will make sure he takes care of himself, he will not neglect himself any longer, I will make sure of it."

Li Qin smiles at him "You know, I really like you, I do believe we are going to get along famously. Anyone who worries about Wuxi as much as the children is okay in my book. He needs someone to take care of him and I can see that you will do that. He has been strong for so long trying to do all of this on his own, yes he has help but I know he feels like he is alone in all of this. He needs someone who will be attentive to his needs and watch out for his best interests. He takes care of everyone else at the expense of himself so to see him respond to your coaxing so readily tells me that he feels he can trust you, that he can count on you and most importantly that he can lean on you. I'm glad he found you, he needs you."

Wangji smiles "Thank you for saying that, I must admit I sort of feel like I have been set adrift in unchartered waters. I have no clue what I am doing, all I know is I want to be here, I want to take care of them, all of them and I will just have to learn as I go. I hope you will help me if you see I am doing something wrong or need to do something that I'm not. I want my family to be happy and accepting of me as I am of them."

She smiles at him "Oh they are, all of them." She winks at him, turns and finishes feeding ATian while he finishes feeding AYuan.

They wipe their mouths and hands, take their bibs off and put them down to play for a bit. Wuxi comes through like a tornado rushing here and there gathering everything he will need. Wangji can see that he is beginning to panic a little so he walks in front of him and grabs his shoulders lightly.

"What are you looking for? Let us help you collect everything so that you aren't stressed when you go see our daughter." Wuxi looks at him, takes a deep breath and lowers his shoulders.

"I need to find AMei's favorite storybooks and toys, she is awake now and I don't want her to be without her favorite things." He looks pleadingly at Wangji.

"Alright no problem, Li Qin why don't you help Wuxi find her things while I stay with the boys? We can get everything she will need including her favorite blanket and plushies so that you can take them to her." He nods to Li Qin who leaves the room to start packing up her things.

"Wuxi why don't you spend a few minutes with the boys before you leave, LI Qin can handle gathering everything. I need to go to the bathroom so stay with them for just a minute and I will be right back." He nods and sits down with his sons.