31

The doctor walks into the room a bit later and bows "I apologize for my staff's lack of professionalism, please accept my apology. I will gladly make a statement on behalf of the family and see if we can't get these people cleared out of the hospital. We have had celebrity patients before so we have some prewritten statements that our legal team has approved, I will bring them to you and let you pick the one you feel best fits your family. In the meantime, I do have a few updates I would like to share with you."

Wuxi takes Wangji's hand and holds it tight, he nods "We understand and accept your apology, I hope the staff member was reprimanded properly. Please give us the results doctor."

He nods "They have been fired so this won't happen again, they violated the patient's right to privacy and that is not accepted at this hospital. As for Wei Mei Xiu her white blood count is still high so I want to put her on another round of antibiotics to help her body fight the infection. Her blood work shows higher than normal levels of CEA and CA nineteen-nine. This indicates that she most likely has a diseased gallbladder. I want to do an ultrasound of the area just to make sure but at this point, it is just for verification."

Wangji asks "So what needs to be done for her if her gallbladder is diseased?"

"We will have to go in and remove it surgically, this is a minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. Basically, we will make several small incisions to remove it using a camera to guide us. However, it is still surgery so there are still some risks involved. Before we do the procedure, I will have the surgeon come in and talk with you about those risks and what will happen during surgery. We need to get her infection under control before we can go in and remove the gallbladder so she will need to stay at least another four or five days if not longer but I would plan on at least four at the minimum." He looks at Wuxi and then Wangji.

Wuxi nods and Wangji clears his throat "Do you have a date in mind for the surgery doctor, so that we can make arrangements."

He nods "Mn, if her white cell count can be brought under control in the next forty-eight to seventy-two hours, we will schedule her surgery within the next three to four days. If it takes us longer to get the infection controlled, it will push the date for the surgery out by a day or two at the most." He folds his hands in front of him and waits to see if they have any other questions.

Wuxi smiles "Thank you, doctor, we will make arrangements and if could bring those statements to us so that we can get that done as quickly as possible, as you can see my other children are here as well and I would like for them to be able to go home, I would feel safer with them there."

The doctor nods "I will be back within ten minutes with them."

Wuxi nods "Thank you, I will call a press conference so that the information will be given out wide enough to keep their fans from swarming the hospital. I am sorry for all of the hassle the hospital has had to deal with because of this."

He shakes his head "It's not a problem, next time if there is one just let us know that we have little celebrities so we can make the necessary adjustments."

Wuxi smiles embarrassed but agrees "We will hopefully not have to be back but if we are we will give ample warning."

The doctor leaves the room and a tear slips down Wuxi's cheek, he looks at his daughter and strokes her hair, Wangji wipes his tear away and strokes his back "She will be alright, once the surgery is over she will be a happy healthy little girl again. We will be there to take care of her, I am here now and I'm not going anywhere so you can lean on me if you need to."

Wuxi looks over at him, his eyes red and burning with unshed tears "I'm glad you are here, thank you for staying with me during all of this."

Wangji kisses the side of his head "It's my pleasure, now why don't you sit down and eat something, they will give AMei an I.V. but you need to eat. Come on, Li Qin brought some breakfast for everyone."